Railsplitter's Crazy "Trucking Daze" thread...

Discussion in 'Truckers' Photo Shack | Art Gallery' started by The Railsplitter, Jan 24, 2023.

1. The Railsplitter

The Railsplitter Medium Load Member

Jan 23, 2023
    "BFE... and lovin' it!"
    Okay, howzabout some actual trucking pics like these... 'How NOT to drop your loaded wagon, 101!' ;)

IMG_6315.JPG
    IMG_6316.JPG

Dang, that must be embarrassing, lol... I like the landing gear! :rolleyes:

IMG_6069.JPG

Canadian lowboy, NY State... o_O

IMG_6070.JPG

A couple of those funky chicken plants... :eek:

IMG_6247.JPG
    IMG_6248.JPG

Fleet trucks waiting in a dirt lot for loads out of Sherman, TX... :confused:

IMG_6071.JPG

A couple views of the mighty Columbia River, taken in two different locations... these were scanned paper prints which got folded or bent a bit, so bear with me, it was the overall views and the curvature of the horizon that I was trying to catch. The trucks "drag racing" up the hill were an added bonus, lol. ;)

IMG_5915.JPG
    IMG_5916.JPG

Hey, I found an old rappelling shot amid those scanned paper prints, lol... whoa, this was taken a long time ago, before I bought better climbing boots. Looks like Stonewall Peak in the Cuyamaca Mountains of San Diego County, that crack you see is actually a fine route, only 5.7 in difficulty but very enjoyable! And the views from that peak don't suck, lol... ah, to be young again! My climbing days are over now, but I climbed for at least a quarter century, and I also tackled some cool solos while out trucking... more on that later when I catch up to the photos of those adventures. :cool:

IMG_5917.JPG

Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Railsplitter

Jan 23, 2023
    "BFE... and lovin' it!"
    Hmm, lemme see, what do we have next? Looks like Letchworth State Park in Western NY, I delivered a load nearby and was slated to reload the following morning, so I bobtailed up into the park and spent a few hours hiking around on the trails, which were nice and shady on a warm spring day. The views of the falls were magnificent and the spray from the falls kept one cool... Letchworth is sometimes called 'The Grand Canyon of New York State.' Totally worth checking out, just like Niagara Falls! o_O

IMG_6252.JPG
    IMG_6258.JPG
    IMG_6251.JPG
    IMG_6254.JPG
    IMG_6256.JPG
    IMG_6260.JPG
    IMG_6261.JPG
    IMG_6262.JPG
    IMG_6263.JPG

That was an active rail line over that bridge... several other clowns joined me atop the bridge, just to check out the view, lol. :rolleyes:

IMG_6250.JPG

That last taped-up composite shot shows another underground DC, can't remember where it was, lol... :confused:

4. The Railsplitter

Jan 23, 2023
    "BFE... and lovin' it!"
    Here's another driver who opted for a "long layover"---too bad he's blocking the lane, lol. :confused:

IMG_6264.JPG
    IMG_6265.JPG

That's the reflection of my Canon cam again, the original photos don't have all that glare & reflection. Meh, you'll figure it out... o_O

IMG_6280.JPG

^^^ On the beach in what used to be my Home 20... ^^^

IMG_6298.JPG
    IMG_6281.JPG
    IMG_6282.JPG

On days off in San Diego, I'd often bobtail up to visit a friend in Deerhorn Valley, spend the day & night firing our bows on the 3-D archery range, BBQing steaks and partying hard, lol. He was an arrowsmith and he made really cool custom crested arrows, any kind or color you wanted. One pic shows some of his work, he'd make a dozen arrows per set but just photograph half a dozen at a time. That little ol' cabin he had was nice, it had a big ol' BBQ deck out back and there were all kinds of boulders & oak trees... a great place to unwind after running hard over the road. :cool:

IMG_6276.JPG
    IMG_6277.JPG
    IMG_6275.JPG

Here's a shot of truck camping in Anza-Borrego, looks like Borrego Palm Canyon again... :D

IMG_6299.JPG

5. The Railsplitter

Jan 23, 2023
    "BFE... and lovin' it!"
    That same friend joined me as a passenger for a 5000-mile triangle (CA-WA-IA-CA), and he partied as he rode along, lol... I'd catch up to him later when I shut down, but we had a blast on that trip, checking out Devils Tower and Mt. Rushmore. We got to see some pretty country in Montana as well, and he'd never been there so that was a treat. Let's see some pics from that little jaunt, I think this is Coeur D'Alene Lake for starters... :cool:

IMG_6303.JPG

Then we have this cool little rest area in Montana, it was a great place to kick back and take a break... one shot shows me standing on the running board or side deck of my ol' KW, lol. :cool:

IMG_6304.JPG
    IMG_6305.JPG
    IMG_6306.JPG
    IMG_6307.JPG

Those taped-up composite shots show the rest area, it was a nice spot, lol. Dunno what river or stream that was, but it was sure pretty... judging by the tree colors, I reckon it was fall when we made this trip. Next we cross the prairie and head into the Black Hills to pull a recon of Devils Tower... :rolleyes:

IMG_6308.JPG
    IMG_6309.JPG
    IMG_6310.JPG
    IMG_6313.JPG

Hmm, looks like the site is messing up, I'll have to put the rest of the Devils Tower shots in my next post... back in a moment with more paid tourism, lol. ;)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
  6. The Railsplitter

Jan 23, 2023
    "BFE... and lovin' it!"
    Okay, I had some sort of glitch there, but it's time to move on... here are more shots from that beautiful fall day at Devils Tower, the place is awesome. Look closely at that last Tower shot (just right of center) and you can see a roped climbing team working their way upward, one guy on the lead and the other belaying... o_O

IMG_6311.JPG
    IMG_6312.JPG
    IMG_6314.JPG

Pretty cool... next we have shots of high country in Colorado. :cool:

IMG_6297.JPG
    IMG_6336.JPG

And some general pics of running out west, including shots taken on the San Rafael Swell... :)

IMG_6284.JPG
    IMG_6285.JPG
    IMG_6287.JPG
    IMG_6288.JPG
    IMG_6286.JPG

Uh-oh, gotta take a break and go cover the young trees before it gets dark, gonna have another hard freeze tonight... :confused:

D.Tibbitt and Crude Truckin' Thank this.
  7. The Railsplitter

Jan 23, 2023
    "BFE... and lovin' it!"
    More shots of running out west... :cool:

IMG_6289.JPG
    IMG_6290.JPG
    IMG_6293.JPG
    IMG_6294.JPG
    IMG_6295.JPG

I like this "rush hour" shot... ;)

IMG_6283.JPG
    IMG_6320.JPG
    IMG_6321.JPG
    IMG_6323.JPG
    IMG_6324.JPG

8. The Railsplitter

Jan 23, 2023
    "BFE... and lovin' it!"
    Some Vegas shots in this set, taken before that burg went downhill BIG-TIME... :eek:

IMG_6269.JPG
    IMG_6270.JPG
    IMG_6271.JPG
    IMG_6268.JPG

I went to the Stratosphere Tower right after it opened, as I wanted to do the rides up top... I was never much of a gambling man, I'd go to Vegas to ride the coasters & other thrill rides, lol. I'd drop a little coin in the one-armed bandits, but never any great deal of money. I was more into surfing the crowd and eyeballing the women, lol... having a few drinks after I shut down, no worries. Here's the Tower, it has a nice view of the Vegas Strip, and the rides are fun up top... one pic shows my tractor over 1000' below in the parking lot, lol. :cool:

IMG_6272.JPG
    IMG_6274.JPG
    IMG_6273.JPG

These next two shots look like the Virgin River Gorge, I used to run through there every week... :rolleyes:

IMG_6266.JPG
    IMG_6267.JPG

And here's the REAL Statue of Liberty, taken during a boat ride in NYC... ;)

IMG_6337.JPG

D.Tibbitt and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  9. The Railsplitter

Jan 23, 2023
    "BFE... and lovin' it!"
    Okey-dokey, what's next? Hmm, lemme see... howzabout this Texas-sized BBQ rig? Thing could kick out some SERIOUS BBQ, lol... o_O

IMG_6300.JPG

"And the orange truck is in the lead!" Schneider trucks "drag racing" uphill... :eek:

IMG_6302.JPG

A burned-out RV on the shoulder, think it was NorCal... :confused:

IMG_6301.JPG

Got some glare and reflection in that one... meh, here's a classic shot of an RV holding up truck traffic, lol. :D

IMG_6318.JPG

Sailing is what I do best, so I liked this tile job in a rest area bathroom, think it was in TN? Not really sure, it has been awhile... ;)

IMG_6296.JPG

Here are a couple of taped-up shots of my brother's former home in Colorado Springs, including the view out back... :cool:

IMG_6332.JPG

If you're gonna drive a Pinto, well, it might as well be THIS Pinto, lol... :rolleyes:

IMG_6317.JPG

Desert action... :)

IMG_6319.JPG

Oh, yeah, here are two shots of a jury-rigged mudflap made out of wood & heavy canvas, lol... it actually got me back to the yard so I didn't have to buy one. :p

IMG_6325.JPG
    IMG_6326.JPG

Yes, that's coat hanger wire holding it on... "D.O.T.-approved!!! Only the best for this professional truck driver! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" :(

10. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
  11. The Railsplitter

Jan 23, 2023
    "BFE... and lovin' it!"
    Hmm, last round for tonight... let's throw down this shot of a blizzard moving in as I wait for my wagon to get loaded at an IBP plant. :eek:

IMG_6335.JPG

A couple of fishy photos... rural Minnesota, maybe? Or Wisconsin? o_O

IMG_6333.JPG
    IMG_6334.JPG

A couple of pics from Green Bay... :confused:

IMG_6329.JPG
    IMG_6330.JPG

I think this building is in Chi-Town, or one of its suburbs... :D

IMG_5845.JPG

Here's that AL rocket down on I-65... :rolleyes:

IMG_5885.JPG

Some blimps on a field in AZ... :)

IMG_6327.JPG

A classic shot of two Mexican lumpers in Calexico... it was hot outside and we had to wait for my truck to get unloaded, so I let 'em sit in the truck for a little while and gave 'em those hats, along with some beers left over from the previous night, lol. I asked 'em what they wanted to hear on the stereo, and I broke out my rather large audiotape collection (dating myself here), and to one hand's credit (the guy on the left), he chose 'Demons & Wizards' by Uriah Heep. Not a bad choice at all, we listened to 'The Wizard' cranked on the stereo and it was friggin' awesome, lol... and I'm not a guy that generally hangs out with Mexican lumpers, aye? Meh, they got the job done and I got to go home to Dago, so no worries... :cool:

IMG_6328.JPG

Here's a link to 'The Wizard'---great tune from back in the day! ;)

youtube.com/watch?v=lA4DFOCwnwk

Last but not least, a shot of my 'Internet Rambo Oversight Committee' hard at work today... :p

IMG_5875.JPG

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.