Raining on the inside!

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Lady K, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

We have an 2012 Cascadia... It has been leaking water from above the windshield... It's notthe windshield itself, but between the windshield and the plastic liner... We sealed up the clearance lights, thought that was it, but NOOO! Where else can this be coming from? Does anyone else have his problem? :biggrin_2556:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Not all that familiar w/Cascadias--but if you have already sealed clearence lites--anything else attached up there has to be looked at--am/fm antenna perhaps? air horn(s)--otherwise only option I know of is to remove headliner and follow water trail--'Good Luck

4. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    Bad Glue/Seal on the Windshield Edge?

okiedokie Thanks this.
  5. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

ARG! I was afraid of that... Now to find a ladder so we can get up there...

6. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Nope, not the windshield... It actually drips from the hard plastic liner on the inside... Doesn't even touch the inside windshield.

7. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    Check your air horns if they're mounted up top. Although I don't drive a freightliner but my pete did the exact same thing. Some RTV around the air horn's and it's dry now. It don't have to be pretty, and you may want to tear the headliner out to check for the leak as mine appeared to be sealed at the outside as well but when we pulled the headliner and it was like the Missouri river in my cab.:biggrin_25523:

Lady K Thanks this.
  8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

No horns on top, but hubby it thinking it might be at the seams of the 'condo' part of the cab?.. SUCH a PIA!! We have puppy training pads coving the dash while we drive through thunderstorms... Trying to keep the inside electronics dry!

9. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Water can track in funny paths. The source of the leak could be quite far away from where actually see the water coming in. I may be coming from the back of the cab roof and running down the inside roof to the windshield headliner area before it drips out. Also, it make take 20 mins or more between the time the water actually gets in and to the point where it drips out.

Lady K Thanks this.
  10. TruckingSurveyor

TruckingSurveyor Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Oregon
    It doesn't take much of a hole either! I had a trunk leak on a GM car once, couldn't find it, but was getting a lot of water in there. Finally got in trunk with a flashlight and closed the lid and had someone spray the outside with a hose, turned out to only be a pinhole in the body putty, but enough that lots of water got in, water leaks can be a pain to locate! As others have said, it is likely you will need to pull the headliner, etc. out and spray with a hose and see what you can find. Sometimes too, leaks only manifest themselves underway, when the vehicle is parked dry as can be since you don't have the wind driving the water into the place that is actually leaking.

TS

11. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    I drove a 2010 Cascadia that did the same thing. Told the owner of the truck...he didn't seem to care, so I stopped caring at that point as well. Was never looked into, so have no clue what it was.

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.