Ralphs/Food 4 less

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by ObeySteezy, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Hollywoodsaint

Hollywoodsaint Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2020
    Hollywood California
    Well, I keep getting alerts and notifications from www.Jobs.Kroger.com tgat they are hiring for drivers....whos knows how many more they need before the actual merger

You gotta figure, especially with most huge companies that guys will retire and they need to fill in those gaps. Thats the only real tern-around in a Union Company.

As a Part timer your kinda bounced all over the place as far as start times..for example you may start at 1830 for 4-6 months until you keep moving down to earlier start times. Definitely work week ends and most holidays

I find that most people want their weekends off and thats why alot of part timers quit. You won't get that here until you have a lot of seniority.
    Me, I love the premium pay on weekends and I am single so it doesn't matter to me. If working can keep me out of trouble and away from the bar, I happy with that , LOOOOL.

You should check out their website, aside from drivers they are always looking for dock workers who load the trucks, mechanics, dispatch, etc.

Its a WONDERFUL work environment I feel. I just go with the flow and this is the 1st job where I feel excited to go to work everyday because everyday is different.

Who knows what the future holds here, but while I'm here, I'm gonna enjoy it to the max. Ive had my Class 1 (CDL) for 26 years and have worked by the hour, CPM, by the Load, by the weight, regional, all 48, Local....mostly in Freight, so Grocery was a great change for me.

So take a look at their Kroger website and set up your notifications...I was getting notifications for 5 years, even before Covid....It wasn't until I broke down in South Dakota in my 2014 Peterbuilt during a blizzard on the 90 freezing my butt off until I said , No More!

Trucks aren't all that, but at the end of the day your not taking the truck home, your going home, which for me after 15 years on the interstates through America, I thought it was time

Good Luck my friend!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Kroger and Albertsons are attempting to merge...Kroger has not could not buy Albertsons
    The merger has a lot of hurdles to jump before it gets to the govt approval stage
    Not the least of which are Kroger’s unionized employees who owned almost a majority share if the companies stock and have already rejected the proposed merget

4. Truckers Report Jobs

• Truckers Report Jobs