Rand McNally intelliRoute TND 500

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by FrankM, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    those are normal file entries..

shows version and when you powered the TND down.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    I guess it overwrote what we're looking for and kept no record of it then. :biggrin_25510:

4. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    they are kept for about ten days and then overwritten. Keeps the logs from taking up too much memory.

Thanks,
    Mark

5. kajidono

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Ok, whatever idiot at rand decided to add full screen popups for weight restrictions that you have to manually clear while driving only to have another one popup and cover the whole screen, rendering the unit useless, needs to go die in a fire. This is getting re-tarded.

6. Hanadarko

Hanadarko Independent Owner/Operator

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    Cant you set the 'alarms' to AUTO DISMISS ?

:biggrin_2556:

7. IUFAN87

IUFAN87 Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over

I second that motion!:biggrin_25514:

8. IUFAN87

IUFAN87 Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Ok, not sure why the TND tries to route me onto Gun Hill Rd when I'm on I95 north going through the Bronx. The first time I went through there i went ahead and followed her directions onto Gun Hill Rd (exit 10 btw). Just took me through some city streets with residential areas, stores, businesses, etc. Wasnt truck restricted, but wasnt exactly truck friendly either. Anyway, I came back out on I95 no problem. The second time I went I95 I ignored the prompt for the exit and in about a half mile or so without even recalculating she just said to continue on this road (I95) for whatever miles it was. :biggrin_25523:

9. kajidono

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    No, you cannot. You can set it to audio only to avoid having the popups at all, but now they have bypassed that to make absolutely sure that it infuriates you while you're trying to drive.

Also it's been totally wrong all night tonight. Routing me onto back roads that are restricted, trying to route me into residential neighborhoods, repeatedly trying to get me to make U-turns, trying to route me across the only toll bridge within 100 miles even though 'avoid tolls' is set, recalculating 30 times slower than the 465t so that every turn shows up after I'm past it by a half mile or more, causing it to recalculate again, and again, and again (x30). I finally muted that #### thing so it would stop distracting me with trying to route me 80 miles out of the way just to go on the interstate it wanted (adding a full hour to my drive if I followed it.)

10. allan5oh

allan5oh Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Winnipeg, mb
    Does anyone know how to add a via point quickly, changing the route? I used to do this all the time on my Garmin. Simply "browse map" and click where you want to add a via point. I can't seem to do it with this unit. For example go from Minneapolis to Morton, IL. The best route (and fastest) is south on 35 to exit 190 in IA, east on 18 to 218 to 380 to 80. I couldn't get it to do that for the life of me. Always wanted to go further down 35 to US 20. Neither faster nor shorter.

Also adding a "your cruise speed is" option would be very nice. Unit always seems to assume I'm going to go the speed limit, and the ETA is way out of whack even if you are doing the speed limit.

11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I mentioned in prior posts that in route settings - shortest, that the Avoid for Tollways, U-turns and Ferries is not working correctly. RM has found a isssue and the code is being tested by the Beta Testers.

If you set any of the above to Avoid the unit may/may not route you correctly.

Can you give me more solid information on where did you start, destination, etc..

30x slower? did you time it?

Do you have a T5B or T5C?

please contact me at rmleadbetatester at gmail.

Thanks,
    Mark

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.