Rand McNally intelliRoute TND 500

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by FrankM, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Via points are not in the TND yet. It is on the features list and hopefully soon released to the Beta Team to test.

Base speed is still being worked on to give you a more accurate ETA.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Gun Hill Road? do you know what exit that is?

I wish to forward that up to RM and see what the mapping database shows.

Thanks,
    Mark

4. Dieselboss

Dieselboss Technology Contributor

Feb 19, 2009
    DieselBoss.com
    Wait. Please clarify. If you have set it to "Auto-dismiss" warnings after 10 seconds, it isn't doing it?

5. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    The only auto dismiss is the one they just put in for scales and state borders that only clears itself after you pass the scale or border. So if you have it set to 5 miles, the screen is covered for 5 miles. I found a setting in the warning to make it audio only so there's no visual warning, ie no popups. Then I had to turn in on the very end of a road that was restricted to turn into a rail yard to offload and it freaked out with popups that would not clear. It actually harassed me for several miles after I pulled out and went the other way which was not restricted at all.

6. Dieselboss

Feb 19, 2009
    DieselBoss.com
    On the current software you can't add a via "on the fly" yet to a trip that you are in the middle of. You can "force" it down your preferred route if you use the "multi-stop" trip planning area though. You have to put in waypoints that way ahead of time (in the correct order) to make that happen, but I agree that it isn't a very efficient method on this version of software. The good news is that Mark says that this is being enhanced for a future update though.

7. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Yes, I timed it. 465t, one second. TND, 30 seconds or more. I actually pulled off the highway the other day, made two turns, puttered across the Pilot parking lot, and backed into space before the TND finished it's first recalculation. It's that slow.

It's a T5B.

8. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    was not trying to discredit you .. was trying to gather some data about your TND.

contact me. I think we need to have your TND exchanged....

Also, we are working on those super big warnings....

based upon what is talked about here and other threads a lot of new features will be on the next version.

mulit-stops and zoom being two of the biggest.

Thanks,
    Mark

9. Dieselboss

Feb 19, 2009
    DieselBoss.com
    Aaah. Right on. Thanks for the clarification. I agree and it looks like Rand does too.

10. NMR

NMR Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2007
    If you have anything set to "avoid" it will route you just like you said. Turn all avoids to allow and it will work much better. I think Mark has mentioned not to use these until a future update. Once I turned these off I have not had any problems.

Steve

11. NMR

NMR Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2007
    I have exactly the same problems but ONLY when I have something set to be avoided. IE.. tolls etc...

Steve

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.