Rand McNally intelliRoute TND 500

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by FrankM, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    That item was brought up at GATS, we had one driver ask RM if they could clear out the logging at the end of each run. He wanted his drivers to only keep what they had logged each round trip for their paperwork. I can submit the idea back to RM and see what they are thinking at this point. It is certainly a idea, since the unit is made for the drivers useage and not to be made to think that the unit's data is open for others to ponder and look at.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RAG

RAG R.I.P.

Nov 23, 2007
    Tonga

Thanks
    But if in court they could subpoena (sp) it.
    Look at Canada
    They are already reading ECM's to see what the top speed the truck is set at:biggrin_25510:
    I don't use pre-pass when empty
    I just don't think that Big brother needs any more info about my business:biggrin_2556:

4. RAG

RAG R.I.P.

Nov 23, 2007
    Tonga
    Talked to Mary at RM today
    Refund policy will be 60 days for any reason(alot better than the others) but you must buy it from there web site

Updates for construction will be free over the web

They do not know if the mapping updates will be over the web or they will send out new cards

CC please ask them to do it over the web It's just so much easier for us that travel

They are aware that the market is somewhat sour due to what others have put out and they refuse to do anything that will screw up the RM name

No I did not get a discount or a free one:biggrin_25520:
    rag

kajidono Thanks this.
  5. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Rag.. due to limited bandwitdh of most aircards...the mapping data will gobble up a lot of your monthy limit. right now the mapping data is over 2gb.. mapping data - RM can tell you more on when the data will be send out. The mapping data is not a daily or weekly update... thus sending you an sd card to your house will usually work out ok.... the regular updates... are much smaller.. since they will only update the files that need be. So this can be done on the road.

construction updates will come with your regular updates. BTW... to see the construction you will need to be in the turn by turn listing on the main map screen.

I will talk to RM and see if it would okay to have DieselBoss post pictures of the screens. Since the unit is soon to hit the market and been shown at several trucking shows..the screens are not a secret anymore...

anymore questions that I can answer?

6. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    Thanks for the info cc

7. Lucky Luke

Lucky Luke Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Montreal, quebec
    One thing...
    Does the TND500 has the "Lane Assist" feature that the Garmin 465T has?

Lucky Luke

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  8. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    The TND 500 has what RM calls "route view", it is basically a overlay screen of the freeway/intersection and shows you by a big arrow which way to turn.

9. Lucky Luke

Sep 15, 2009
    Montreal, quebec
    Thanks for reply but all GPS do this!
    I'm talking about Lane assist which is not necessarily an arrow that shows you where to turn.
    But instead which lane you have to stay to reach correctly where you want to.
    Sometimes on a five way highway it can be important to be in the first, second or third lane, depending where you have to go.
    If you understand what I mean.
    Finally the feature as used in the Garmin 465T, as this picture:

[​IMG]

Lucky Luke

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Luke, you have your normal mapping screen on the unit. When you come to a "Y" on the freeway another screen completely overlays the orginal screen, this is the route view screen. It has a layout of the freeway to include the "Y". If you have to turn right then their is a big arrow on the right hand side showing you the direction of travel you have to take. The same for the left hand side. The overlay screen has the freeway lanes in big bold black lanes. The route view screen stays on the units screen till you make your choice and either go left or right. Once you are in the turn then the orginal mapping screen will reappear. I know this sounds little confusing till you actually seen the screen. I will do what I can to get a picture of that screen.

Thanks,
    Mark

11. Lucky Luke

Sep 15, 2009
    Montreal, quebec
    Good!
    Thanks Mark.

Lucky Luke

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.