Rand McNally Support Thread. (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Dec 5, 2017.

1. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Never had the pleasure of meeting him in person but had a few good conversations with him here. And he was a great source of information and provided a great service to us RM users.

flood Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bobcat2015

bobcat2015 Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2020
    in memory of Mark, "Odyssey Truck GPS" was published on Apple/Google stores after many years exclusively licensed to RM (1st gen for over 10 years).
    you can use your Tablet/iPad to run.

4. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    So is that the old version 1 from prior RM models? Now that they “upgraded” to version 2?

5. jimjam38

jimjam38 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    chickasha, oklahoma
    Since there seem to be quite a few of us that have rand McNally GPS units wanted to bounce something off you guy's heads.
    Wife has a 540 in her car. It's my old one and it's on its last legs. I have the 740 and won another 740. Figured give her one of the 740 units but is there a way to transfer her saved info from the 540 to one of the 740 units? I know the 740 has a card slot, is there a place in the menu to transfer?

6. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    yes you can.. it really not that hard.. call rand mcnally customer support and they can walk you thru it..

7. jimjam38

jimjam38 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    chickasha, oklahoma
    They sent me an email telling me it could be done, but I guess been away from computers so long, I can't figure it out. Put the card in, device recognizes it, but that's it, no option to copy data to the card. So I guess it does look like a phone call for me.

8. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    When I upgraded from 730 to 740 they told me which files to grab in which folders. I plugged it into a PC and the 730 showed up as a stand alone hard drive.

grabbed them off the 730 and then dumped them into the same folder on the 740.

got the 750 now so I need to call them myself to find the files to live myself.

9. Haney5034

Haney5034 Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2022
    Mark kling,are you still using This forum?? Need help with tnd 720

10. Haney5034

Haney5034 Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2022
    Sorry did not see he s gone
    Rip

Jarhed1964, MidWest_MacDaddy and flood Thank this.
  11. The_Kenworth_w990

The_Kenworth_w990 Bobtail Member

Dec 20, 2022
    I've Been Saying This For Years! Actually If I Could Find Someone With GOOD Android App Development Skills I'm Betting They Could Run The APK And Figure Out Their Hardware Lock. Side Note... I HAVE Had This Installed On A Samsung Galaxy s9+ And It Was LIGHTNING Fast (Calculating A Cross Country Route COMPARISON In Mere Few Seconds) Problem Is If You Hit "Begin Route" It Would Come Up A Specific Error Because The Phone Wasn't A TND Device And It Checked Upon Every Time You Attempted To Begin A Route. Some Form Of "Serial Number Emulation Utility" I Think Would Have Solved This Issue. Rand McNally CLAIMS They REFUSE To Provide An App On Android Because Their GPS Chipset Is "SUPERIOR" To Phones, Which Is A FLAT Out LIE! My Phone Almost NEVER Has GPS Signal Issues Of FLAT Out Looses Signal Like Rand Does, Its Simply A Poor Excuse To Not Release The App And Let The Consumer Utilize Their Own Hardware. It Would Make Sense Too, No Need For Production Of Hardware Just Make The App And Collect The Subscription!

Jarhed1964 and jtaran06 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.