Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Are you at the bottom of the seniority list or something?

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    Gotta renew my CDL and hazmat within the next few weeks. Already got the fingerprints done a while ago. I drive by the dmv by me every morning and the line is wrapped around the building before it’s open. Adding fuel to fire they are closed on Monday’s. I usually get crap done Monday mornings since I run nights at work.

Good ol Illinois. Raise all of our fees but they can’t stay open later or open earlier to reduce the wait times even though the DMV workers were off on a paid 3 or 4 month vacation.

misterG, Cardfan89 and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  4. EuropeanTrucker

EuropeanTrucker Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Which DMV is that? The one in Elk Grove Village?

5. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    No I’m further south than that.

6. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Nothing like starting off your day with having to unload the whole trailer and reload it the right way because some idiot decided to make what should’ve been your first two stops last. :mad:

misterG and Digman943 Thank this.
  7. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Over the years I've learned to be suspicious of easy days. When I have that attitude I tend to go on autopilot and do the right thing the wrong way or vice-versa. Hard to see it and catch in time when I have that peaceful easy feeling in the way.

misterG, Cardfan89 and truckguy391 Thank this.
  8. MACK E-6

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Had to work today.

Rode 2 hours to deliver an engine, only to be told by a kindly old black lady at the house it’s consigned to she’d never heard of the gentleman who’s name is on it.

Tried to call the phone number I was given, with no answer and a full voicemail box.

Rode 2 hours back. What a fat waste of time, money, and fuel that was.

9. Jay5GS

Jay5GS Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2018
    Los Angeles
    SO my company gave us a 1 dollar raise, but today the schedule was different and it had a print out that said " be aware that start times are being pushed on TUESDAY & WED "... i wonder if this is because a lot of the guys want to go union..... or could they be trying to save money ..

idk just a rant

and the union has made its way into one of our smaller terminals out side LA

road_runner and truckguy391 Thank this.
  10. Riffraff37

Riffraff37 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2019
    Had to deliver to a Walmart DC today. I park the truck, walk up to the guard shack to turn in paperwork and ask where they want the trailer. Lady rushes out of the door holding a thermometer, gets right in my face and starts asking if I've been having covid symptoms.
    I politely responded "no, have you?", Needless to say I don't think she liked her question being flipped around on her. She stuck her little thermometer gun in my face and stormed off without replying.

Gearjammin' Penguin, Jay5GS and jmz Thank this.
  11. Riffraff37

Riffraff37 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2019
    I've had they happen. Entire trailer loaded backwards, with first stops in front of trailer, and, to cream the cake they loaded freight in front of my pallet jack.

misterG Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.