Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Riffraff37

Riffraff37 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2019
    Honestly,the only way I got used to it is because I struggled through doing it over and over and over.
    being able to do it doesn't mean it doesn't suck any less. It sucks, large. But as with anything the more you do it the more you adapt. For me at least

authentic251 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LPjunior1970

LPjunior1970 Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Getting the phone outta the room really worked for me for some odd reason. I run a fan, use earplugs and take melatonin. Sleep 6-7 hrs a day no problem

Radman, authentic251 and Banker Thank this.
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I ran graveyard for almost two years and it nearly killed me. Never have I ever drove that tired before.

It definitely isn’t for everybody.

6. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    My first two months almost killed me also, I was exhausted when I got in the bed but I couldn’t sleep. I was never so glad to get laid off. When I came back after lay off I had the bedroom ready for day sleeping and I struggled through. I won’t ever go back to nights as I would retire first.

LPjunior1970 and Radman Thank this.
  7. HiramKingWilliams

HiramKingWilliams Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
    Rant.....complete shat of a day. Notified last night my tractor would be gone today for maintenance, took all my stuff out like GPS, headset, rain parka, etc and put it in the trunk of my car. Go to my car this morning and all my stuff was stolen, car broke into and a complete mess. I’m losing my mind at this point. Get to the barn and get a loaner tractor, leave the barn 2 hrs late, liftgate trailer with a tractor that has no power cable for the liftgate, residentials mixed in including one-lane dead-end road in the hills, barrels of HazMat 500# each not strapped that fell over. I get back to the barn after 10.5 hrs, barely holding it together, just to hear from another driver that I’ve been switched to nightshift on a really BS run (113 miles each way with mandatory dock work for 6-8 hrs) effective 1.5 weeks from now. What a day. The upside? Tomorrow CAN’T be any worse.

8. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    WOW. Gemini can’t come fast enough for you.

9. HiramKingWilliams

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
    Truth.

10. HiramKingWilliams

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
    In my limited experience in LTL, I could easily rant about legitimate complaints pretty much everyday. It’s unreal.

11. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    @HiramKingWilliams it could be worst, you could be a otr driver giving one or two for free at a customers dock before you get compensated.:confused:

hotrod1653, McUzi and Cardfan89 Thank this.
  12. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    A buddy of mine went to the predecessor of XPO, Con Way many years ago when Frito Lay closed our plant. He liked it at first when he was running “extra” covering different jobs. Then one day he was forced on a dock bid. I couldn’t understand why he was forced because there were drivers below him on the board, but for some reason they didn’t force them. In a union job as long as you have one driver below you then you don’t get forced. Anyway he made it a few weeks until a 20 something supervisor decided to get smart with him. That didn’t work too well with a crusty trucker who didn’t like his new job.

650cat425 and HiramKingWilliams Thank this.
  13. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Politics...

He said something wrong to somebody or one of somebody’s favorites and that was his punishment.

I’m nobody’s union man, but that’s one time they’re useful or should be.

650cat425, misterG and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs