Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    As I said before when me you and @LtlAnonymous had our lil chat. You will never get anything for being special other than a great paycheck every week. They used to do sports tickets and stuff like that, a lot of Nascar tickets when they were big into that but the bean counters put an end to that. Did you calculate your back pay to make sure you got all of it? When we ran a year without a contract they messed up on quite a few guys back pay, gotta stay on top of that stuff. Just like when they screwed up on the hurricane Sandy back pay. They aren't a problem with pay for the most part but back pay can be problematic.

SidewaysBentHalo and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SidewaysBentHalo

SidewaysBentHalo Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    To my knowledge it was correct. Hard to know as a fresh employee what the company does at what time. First i heard it was due to the company using seasonals at our location, then someone else mentioned since we weren't using them it possibly was due to them being used in the union local. I questioned it up the food chain who messaged corporate. I didn't care to let it get to an integrity, character issue if i let it slide as most would.

Its like our payroll clerk said, people are quick to point out when their shorted money but the company has to track down overages employees casually overlook then get mad when they take it back.

FlaSwampRat and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  4. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Always. No matter what time of day it’s dinner food.

MACK E-6, FlaSwampRat and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  5. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    People let them know when they over pay because I have had that happen to me once along with a bunch of other guys. When we got our first pay raise as drivers they jumped us up to top rate. They already knew about it when we went to them with our paychecks lol. You really don't ever have to worry about being shorted pay on your normal checks which is very nice but they "conveniently" forget about time on back pay. They will never have a problem paying it but they try to hang on to it as long as possible. Hurricane Sandy grievance pay took 14 months lol. They probably made it back in interest by then lol.

SidewaysBentHalo Thanks this.
  6. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Oh my God this is the worst lol. I had to come into work early to do classes on the computer for safety compliance. I am getting lock out tag out certified for some reason I don't know and these videos are focused on bottling plant employees which I have never had any part of. They made me get forklift certified and I understand that one because I load unload my own trailers from time to time but this one makes zero sense.

7. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    Absolutely! Spaghetti at 7am? I don’t even care what time it is, I’m hungry.

The only time I have actual breakfast food is if I stop at a restaurant on my way home.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  8. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    So I have asked that trailer vents be closed on everything I'm pulling because it's the rainy season. I walk into work today and.... IMG_20190821_172741562.jpg

McUzi and dwells40 Thank this.
  9. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    So I just had an experience, and maybe you guys can weigh in.

I was at the TA in Effingham, Illinois. I wanted to stop really quick for coffee, so I parked on the fuel island because I was pulling doubles.

If you've ever been there, you know the pumps are far too close to the building, so you can't pull through to allow somebody in behind you. Anyways, I figure zip in and out, be out of everyone's way in 10 minutes. There were five open pumps anyhow.

Well this tanker driver in the pump next to me starts asking me if I'm going to block the fuel island while I run in. I explained that I don't really have a choice, since any parking spots in the parking lot are going to require backing in, and I can't pull through the spot because it will block everybody in on the fuel island.

He's like...yeah well, still. These spots can fill up fast, and I just don't think you should be blocking the fuel island. I said okay, noted. And went in and got my coffee.

I walked out to my truck just as he was walking into the truck stop, didn't say a word to him, and was off the fuel island before he had even gone shopping. Those five spots were all still open.

So... What the hell was that? Was I being inconsiderate, does he need to mind his own business, is he just ignorant of how doubles work... Like, what caused that?

misterG, MACK E-6, Radman and 6 others Thank this.
  10. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I'm gonna say a lil from column a and a lil from column b. You know the plight of the fuel island so that's why he got bent out of shape and it's understandable. I also pull doubles so I feel your pain there too but ya just gotta find better places to stop if you can. It was cool of you to make sure there there were open pumps but you know truckers are like children and they see one run in and get coffee and then they will all be like he's doing it so #### it I'm going to do it too and then it becomes a problem for the guys actually trying to get fuel. My pro tip of the day........stay away from truck stops lol.

11. Digman943

Digman943 Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2016

Those pumps are always wide open over there when I stop in. That guy was just being a moron. I could see if the place was packed.... I love when I stop in there around 3 a.m. or so and theres a shift change going on and there too busy so I get my coffee free.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.