Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Is a tracksuit okay? I've found that I look great in those, so I'm trying to get away from sweatpants.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Need to upgrade to a white junk box Volvo and a rail chassis for this to work. Preferably move to Chicago as well.

misterG and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  4. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    My 1099 millions await!

misterG and McUzi Thank this.
  5. Cardfan89

Cardfan89 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Missouri
    I wouldn't take it to heart on fridays I pick up from a box manufacturing plant. Well I have been on this route over a year so I'm in pretty good with the receivers they always put me in a dock door first no matter if otr guys where before me. I have had looks and comments about it and I just shrug my shoulders and walk away but I also go out on the dock and help them load my trailer also..... moral of the story is just do your job I guess lol

misterG and jmz Thank this.
  6. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I have been on both sides of the fence and can understand your and his side. If you did your best to park that’s all you can do. If there were spots you could have used besides the pump then you shouldn’t park on the pump. It is frustrating to pull up to fuel when most of the trucks parked at the pump fuel at their terminals and spots are open elsewhere. I said something to an unnamed LTL driver one day that parked at the last pump available as I was pulling up to fuel. He told me you can’t back doubles in to those available spots. He had one long box on his tractor.

Bob Dobalina and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  7. EuropeanTrucker

EuropeanTrucker Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2018
    I wouldn’t worry about it. Plus, there is like 5 other truck stops in that area alone. Personally, I prefer Petro over there.

I run nights as well and park at fuel island to get sandwich or coffee. I saw Estes guys doing a swap at fuel island last night. Lol.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  8. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    I agree. If the fuel island is swamped and there's another place I can park, I'm definitely going somewhere else. But not every situation is the same. I think that guy was trying to apply a one size fits all code of ethics to a situation that was a little more gray.

misterG and Banker Thank this.
  9. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    The Petro is the much nicer truck stop. But they don't have a Dunkin donuts. Lol

10. EuropeanTrucker

EuropeanTrucker Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Lol I don’t really run that way anymore but I did go to Love’s in Ina, IL few weeks ago and that place is a headache.

Last night I actually saw Estes guy doing a swap at fuel island. Lol. Not my business plus it was like 1am.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  11. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    If nobody's around, I don't think anyone should care. Not even in the slightest.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.