Random LTL Rants (all are welcomed)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by road_runner, Jun 21, 2013.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    He told you what he makes?

FlaSwampRat, LtlAnonymous and McUzi Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    No, I’m speculating off the Seminole Express truck that he hopped out of that is within the range of his salary.

FlaSwampRat and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  4. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    So this is my evening ltl rant. I would like to be asleep so I'm up tomorrow morning but I've become so used to nights that here I am on the porch drinking a beer wide awake. Anyone have a tips for trying to rotate to days for your days off?

5. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    I typically sleep 3 hours when I get home on Saturday morning. That way I feel pretty much human for the rest of the day but am tired enough at night to easily go to bed with Mama.

6. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    I don’t know what it was about today, but all the morons were out in full force. I encountered two separate wrong way drivers, and a third who was positioned to do it but I didn’t see if he went for it or not. I also saw a Swift truck try to pass another Swift truck on the highway, going downhill, about a mile away from the exit for the Swift terminal. The daycab in the right lane gave in and slowed down at the last minute for the sleeper truck to get over and hit the exit at 70mph...

I just don’t even try to flip my sleep pattern on the weekends. Obviously harder to do if you have a family though.

FlaSwampRat and misterG Thank this.
  7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    The ones who work normal hours have a way of not tolerating that.

It’s a good thing TV isn’t local anymore, so it doesn’t shut down at midnight like it used to. :biggrin_25523:

8. jmz

jmz Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Great Plains
    I watch a lot of Judge Judy and TMZ when I’m sitting in the break room waiting for my dispatch home.

Cardfan89, FlaSwampRat and McUzi Thank this.
  9. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I'm thinking you have the right train of thought. Here it is 2:21am and I'm sitting on the porch playing with my phone. I got out of bed at 11 am and had a decent day with the family. I think that will do. I think it is what it is and this is just my schedule now. I gotta go into work at 2pm so I will probably be up for a lil bit then sleep till like 11 again a d be ready for work so not that bad.

jmz and misterG Thank this.
  10. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Before we had to act like machines to make money, there was bi-phasic sleep.

FlaSwampRat and Bob Dobalina Thank this.
  11. EuropeanTrucker

EuropeanTrucker Medium Load Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Am I the only one that does 15 minute pre-trip for each trailer?

road_runner, misterG and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.