Rates are crashing and fuel to the moon!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Kenworth6969, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    It's interesting none of the esteemed members qualified that $3.20 rate based on ___________ miles a year????

Most don't run that many. So I'd think they're actual cost wood be even higher.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Only The OM can review your esteemed member status.

And she's clocked out for the weekend.

dwells40 and Siinman Thank this.
  4. KrumpledTed

KrumpledTed Medium Load Member

May 6, 2022
    On what, that infographic that said $3.27 a mile to operate? Is that what you’re referring to?

5. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Ask for Meow

20190720_140659.jpg

Gatordude and LameMule Thank this.
  6. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    I know this won’t be popular. But, I can handle the blow back. Do you establish contracts with customers? If you are leased on you are not even legally allowed to haul freight for customers. You need interstate/intrastate authority. Your employer is hauling the freight, not you. Almost no responsibility lies on the leased on. It’s a free ride. You are a employee/ contractor to the company. No more than an auto mechanic with his own tools. The auto tech works for the shop. He serves the customers thru the shop. Leased on is the same. I speak from experience. I was leased on to a awesome company. Never did I perform freight transport to the customer and get paid directly from the customer. I represented the company, and did proudly. Being leased on is outstanding. Some do better leased on. Some very well. But it is thru the company, that does the hard work and submit proposals and negotiate the work. Most unthanked in O/O trucking is the one that writes that check to the leased on. I challenge you to step on my side. It’s frustrating at times, but man, is it a blast when you work hard for weeks to get a proposal, and it’s passed. You just performed business. Commerce. You are part of the economy that writers for news write about. Even if it is on a micro level. The business is yours, you did it (Or your team and you) You may disagree, it’s ok. I still think you are super cool! I enjoy talking to the passionate.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  7. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
  8. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Man, some of you guys need some home time.

9. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    That's for a trucking business where they have to pay drivers too.

Rideandrepair and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  10. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    The few people I’ve known in my lifetime that were truly rich from their Businesses, never bragged or tried to convince others of how successful they were. Those who do, usually are trying to convince themselves.

11. PakMak

PakMak Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2022
    Agreed, was scratching my head at dude flexing 30k. Like buddy, we all in trucking 30k ain’t ####.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.