Rates in the toilet?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Skate-Board, Nov 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    No he did not. But the white Volvo sandal wearing comment did give that image.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Largecar359

Largecar359 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    I think he's just a little high strung. He wanted to see that to start a fight that's all. But look on the bright side, if he's looking for stuff to complain about that means he's a real truck driver.

4. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    I just parked my truck and trailer for the last time on Thursday last week. Went back to my old job. I was doing OK but it seemed that $1.50 was the new $2.00 a mile. So now I have an expensive toy to play with on the weekends.

Dominick253 and double yellow Thank this.
  5. Largecar359

Largecar359 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    Freight was that slow up by you? I will be up near you this week, guess I can plan on coming home empty. You planning on holding onto your equipment and waiting for stuff to re-bound or you thinking long term hobby?

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  6. Skate-Board

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    No it wasn't the slow freight. I miss a lot of stuff. Cooking the most. Not sure what I'll do with the truck and trailer. I'll probably sell the trailer for sure. I'm in no rush to sell the truck. I may keep it as a hobby. I am giving up my authority though.

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  7. Skate-Board

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    You parking anywhere near Merrimack, NH? We have Bon Bon Mobil truckstop here. Nice little place.

8. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Skate. Call mercer. Even as bad as the economy is right now, I'm still averaging good money. Sure it's not as easy as it was two years ago. But if your not afraid to break or the tarps you would do at least 1.80 over all right now. And more once you figure our system out.

9. mickcuster

mickcuster Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2013
    Elk Mound, WI
    Wow, I really hate to hear that. I've really enjoyed your posting on this site. I hope you still hang out on here. I for one, really appreciate your wisdom.

SheepDog, Dominick253 and RERM Thank this.
  10. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    No one is going to hand over a list of their customers to you or any other random joe. You are going to have to put in the effort to find your own.

SheepDog and fordconvert Thank this.
  11. Skate-Board

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    No, I'm done. It's not because of slow freight or anything. I just miss cooking and a lot of other things. I'm a software engineer and went back to the place I use to work.

And yes @mickcuster I'll still be on here. I can now be one of those arm chair truckers who profess to know everything and anything about trucking!!! lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.