Rating scale for forum members?

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by RyanEAS, Oct 9, 2021.

1. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    I done my share of jobs. Heavy wrecker driver in a busy area is the hardest trucking job I know of.

Outside of trucking, being tender to 3 brick and block masons takes the cake for me.

God prefers Diesels and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Yesish, but beware of using that as a hard and fast rule, that can also be a popularity contest thing or even where they tend to post

Hammer166 Thanks this.
  4. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I told the guy who unloaded my ice cream that I wouldn't be mad if he stabbed a box of M&M ice cream sandwiches. It had been a couple weeks since I hauled them and my freezer was empty.

Cattleman84 Thanks this.
  5. skallagrime

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    If only that worked for hauling lumber...

lilillill Thanks this.
  6. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    They made it to where the posts in the social areas didn't count anymore. That change was a long time ago, or did they change it back? Because that definitely skewed things.

God prefers Diesels and d o g Thank this.
  7. skallagrime

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana

Im thinking of say comparing chinatown to amodel, each is a valuable member here in their own right, but the ratios are quite different

In absolute terms, china has a gazzilion posts, but lower ratio because hes helping newbies out on the forum too.

And then theres people like me, im stingy with the thank button, too much like fb and twitter for my liking especially in the abscence of a dislike option (though without anonymity certainly would have its own abuses that are probably not worth trying to implement it for)

God prefers Diesels and Hammer166 Thank this.
  8. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I remember back in 2007, signing up for this forum when I was going to get my CDL back and drive to two or three years... just long enough to get back on my feet.

Yeah... it's like heroin, you know you shouldn't do it but here we are... fourteen years later, still truckin' for the third time.

9. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    The posts don't count, but the thanks/likes still count - including those done in the Politics Forum. We tried to fix that so it wouldn't skew things, but there was no way to do it. Essentially, it makes the thanks/likes a poor metric for judging members' credibility.

God prefers Diesels and Hammer166 Thank this.
  10. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    If y'all weren't so busy in the staff meetings scheming about which innocent to persecute with the banhammer, you'd have time to solve this! :D

And a sarcasm font, we really need a sarcasm font for posts like this! :rolleyes:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.