Real cost of Roehl Training

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Phantom Driver, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Phantom Driver

Phantom Driver Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Central Virginia
    Well after being home for a week and not hearing anything I called today about getting set up with a trainer. I got a call back and they told me they want to get me back up to Gary to get with a trainer so they got me a rental car and I will be leaving first thing in the morning from good old Richmond, Va. I will stop over in Cincinnati, OH. for the night tomorrow and be in Gary on Wednesday. I hope to be hooking up with my trainer on Thursday but not sure how long I will be waiting once I get up there.

skyviper73 and Nottoway Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nottoway

Nottoway Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Southeast Virginia
    Hey Phantom, I'm heading to your hometown (Richmond) today for my Physical. Was told I'd be going to Ellenwood for Phase One (national van fleet).

4. Treefork

Treefork Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    As short as they are on trainers I'm surprised I have to wait 30 days and go through Trainer Foundations again to get back into a trainer truck. Ah well, 17 days to go.

Nottoway Thanks this.
  5. Phantom Driver

Aug 15, 2012
    Central Virginia

They used a place called Concerta in Chesterfield for mine, is that the one they sent you to? Good luck with everything, and compared to my last career I'm enjoying this one with the exception of being away from home.

6. Phantom Driver

Aug 15, 2012
    Central Virginia
    I don't know who my trainer is yet, guess I will find out today or tomorrow. I'm leaving Cincinnati this morning and should be at the hotel in Hammond this afternoon. I don't know if I could do the trainer thing down the road....#### all we noobs do is grind your gears and take up space in your cabs lol!

7. tablefor7

tablefor7 Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Columbus, Georgia
    Not to come across as greedy or money-minded, but when do they get to W2's and tax paperwork, during Orientation? They can't pay you anything until that's done, right? My husband fiiiiiiiinally stared Phase 1 on Monday after 3 weeks of hiccups that simply couldn't be avoided....and two years of unemployment- after a long stint in the military. Not having a paycheck for two years, and 3 teenagers still at home to feed, I'm kind of excited to get some relief. I have a Sweet 16 coming in a few weeks and those unavoidable, annual MAJOR expenses known as holidays coming up, too. Also, I'm told paydays are on Wednesday- has anyone ever had a different experience? Thanks! :-D

8. Nottoway

Nottoway Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Southeast Virginia
    Yep, that's the place. Now I have two Med cards...already had one I had gotten on my own before going to CDL school in Hampton in August. Just waiting to hear back from my recruiter now. Keep us posted on your time with your trainer.

9. Phantom Driver

Aug 15, 2012
    Central Virginia
    It's not greed when your in need! He probably won't do the paperwork until his last day though....but I came through the RDTC training program so I'm not certain about phased drivers.

tablefor7 Thanks this.
  10. Phantom Driver

Aug 15, 2012
    Central Virginia
    Will do, in Gary now and should be with my trainer tomorrow. Let us know how things go for you!

Nottoway Thanks this.
  11. tablefor7

tablefor7 Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Columbus, Georgia
    When you say his last day, do you mean his last day of Phase 1?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.