Real life example of Load Boards and rates.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Wooly Rhino, Sep 7, 2017.

1. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I'm fairly certain a solid older MC # with an established history is a plus when I book. Company I am with now starts with a 351 and has been in uninterrupted business for almost 20 years. I can't really put it into a post here other than to just say I can sense at times I was called on and a lot of newer authorities were passed over.

Now that said I worked at a company with a newer authority too. It was only 10 months old when I leased on. It got established well and had a solid reputation in 5 years time. Actually didn't take but a couple of years to do that.

I think its foolish for anyone to buy an older authority. Money down the toilet. An older authority with an established history and good contracts is worth something. An older authority working brokered freight is worth only $300 the same as a new one.

Service is what makes a reputation. They may whine and moan about your rates but that doesn't matter if your reputation is of someone who gets it done. There's so many dummies put here that can't get from point A to B on time it is ridiculous.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

That last line is the understatement of the industry.
    I'd add "or without some kind of issue"

whoopNride and SL3406 Thank this.
  4. izifaddag

izifaddag Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    How to win friends and influence people eh?
    Mr personality.
    I am not a pansy. I run my life MY way. Now mr know it all go back and read my post carefully. Especially the part where I say I have my reasons. I will not explain myself to you. Your aggressiveness isn't flattering. It is just insulting macho man nonsense.
    You ARE picking on me and you are thoroughly enjoying yourself. It is exactly what people like you do on forums the world over.
    I do this to please me not anyone else. So why don't you go off and count your millions and I will put you on ignore. If you ever wish to behave yourself drop me a PM and I will remove the ignore.

centralmi Thanks this.
  5. Ruthless

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

Feelings cloud judgement. You don't like the way you feel when he talks to you, so you miss the message. He is successful at doing what you are talking about doing. You've explained what you do, and it's relatively clear what you have been doing is noteably less than successful, thru your own examples.

I'll eat humble pie all day if it makes me a more successful operator.

I used to have "won'ts" too. My list of won'ts includes
    "I won't work for cheap"
    "I won't stop learning to be more successful"

That's it. I'm here to make money. I don't care about feelings.i don't care about what people that know nothing (not naming names but plenty are on my ignore list) try to say. I care about my family and I care where I'm gonna be putting them. I'm here to be successful at what I do and learn more.
    If someone is doing something that makes them more successful: I don't care how they say it, I want to know more. I want to get ahead.

I'm not gonna miss the eye opener of a lifetime because my feelings are hurt.

6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I don't care if you ignore me. I feel like I'm wasting time here more often than not anyways. I should be charging for the advise I give. You're thin skinned and can't take a little constructive criticism for what it is.

7. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    You'd be smart to listen to him. Not sure how you thought he was being offensive or whatever. I've seen some of his rate cons, he is definitely not someone I would put on ignore. Even if he started calling me vulgar names, I would overlook it and learn from the rest.

8. JimmyWells

JimmyWells Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Wow. Is that you in your avatar? Judging by your reactions I can only assume so since you're acting like a child. You can ignore him all you want but I assure you someone else will come along and hurt your feelings again soon enough around here. Put your big boy pants on and learn.

9. izifaddag

Apr 26, 2010
    I understand your point but I will not be insulted. Your loyalty to your friend is great but your judgment is what is clouded here. This guy is a forum bully who's mother never taught him any manners. What you say is sensible but I am not a novice and the last 10 years have been a learning experience. Things are about to become much, much better. Very positive. Insults are not offering advice they are just someone displaying how arrogant they are.

10. izifaddag

Apr 26, 2010
    Please, please, please do be quiet.
    Big boy pants.......... do me a favor.

11. Ruthless

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    "you can lead a horse to water: but you cannot make him drink"

I can't wait to see the update on how your business has been a wild success. Daytime runs, with time to take naps and stops to eat, dealing with only the most polite and professional brokers: that must be the runs that pay above the average rates on the load board, for sure.
    Be sure to keep us all informed.

JimmyWells, SL3406 and whoopNride Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.