Real story about CRST

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by eazyliving, Mar 3, 2012.

1. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Get back with us after you've gotten your legal, medical, and general bullxxxxing degree.

Most drivers finish these within 16 months. Others take up to 5 years, more or less.

The crying degree, is only available after you've completed the legal degree.

We offer several others you might be interested in. Our most popular degrees are "Gods gift to Women", "Drive your own XXXX truck", and the "Shut Up Stupid".

Unlike other capitalistic industries, trucking offers these ongoing educational programs are free to anyone who holds a CDL.

AfterShock and Mommas_money_maker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dragonfly J

Dragonfly J Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Springfield, MO
    I currently work for crst until april 1st. I went through the contract student program. I've made some bad choices in my life but going with crst is in the top 5 worst decisions of my life. I started training in april 2011 and was hired in may 2011. Spent 6our weeks on with a trainer cause they wouldn't route me home to get my hard copy. Had it overnighted and was never reimbursed for that. Didn't get hometime until august. I refused to pay anymore tolls after I paid $163 and it wasn't reimbursed until four weeks later. Didn't go home again until november for my grandmothers funeral. Had to have my girlfriend drive drive from little rock, ar to Kansas city, mo to get me since crst wouldn't get me home. In october I had been approved to be home on december 20. December 19: been sitting for three days and no load to get me home. Told me to find my own way home. My contract was due to up on january 4 but they didn't get me back on the truck before then so they classified me as not completing my contract. I told the to shove it and started looking for another carrier. Nobody would hire me because crst told them I didn't complete the contract. Then they sent me a $4000box bill in the mail saying I could pay the money or come back to work for them. So here I am. Was rehired march 1. Got my truck with everything expired. No dispatcher or loads until the 7th. Did 3 short runs and the truck broke down on the 10th. Been paying for my hotel room with my own money cause they wouldn't do a voucher. They won't discuss getting me paid for the time I sat in the first week. I have no doubt they'll try to get out of reimbursing me the hotel costs. I wish I had one good thing to say about this company but I can't think of one. I can't wait to quit them on the 1st of april.
    If you're reading this and you're hiring shoot me a message.

snowlauncher, AfterShock and rdtsnk Thank this.
  4. Slimmy

Slimmy Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I came to CRST with alot of hope and I have been disappointed left and right with each passing day I am on the road. My main reason for choosing this company was the fact that they pay up front for everything, and like many people out there, my bank account wasn't too healthy. So, it seemed like a good option for me. I have been driving for them for four months now and I have had so many frustrating moments out here on the road. This company does not care about it's drivers at all. They expect you to just roll over and accept whatever they throw your way, and when you don't, they punish you by making you sit and wait for loads. The people they choose to train you for your 28 days leave so much to be desired, the dispatchers are all completely clueless because not one of them has ever driven a big rig, management doesn't give a #### about you because you're just a number to them, sending in Macros to Maintenance is a joke because it goes to a "coordinator" who knows nothing about mechanics and the terminals are crap. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. I cannot wait for my contract to be complete because I am jumping ship the first chance I get.:biggrin_25510:

AfterShock Thanks this.
  5. Dragonfly J

Dragonfly J Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Springfield, MO
    Make sure you're actually on the truck your last day of your contract.

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  6. Professional-Trucker

Professional-Trucker Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    I have 3 buddies that run this 20/10 right now. Simple the way it works. Find 2 more drivers, call your dispatcher, get a truck assignment. Then every 10 days you are routed back to the yard to slip seat drivers. The one who's been out 20 days goes home next. The only advice ill offer you is this...take your stuff home when you leave for hometime. Like gps. No money on the 20/10 program. They used to have one or two em's run that show but now it's the whole floor that runs it. The 20/10 thing needs a real nada** dm to run it in order for it to work like it used to. Don't do it. You'll go broke quick.

AfterShock and CRSTMaria Thank this.
  7. twistedjen

twistedjen Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Saint Louis, MI
    k, so not interested in the 20/10. and i'm wondering if it's just me, or does it seem like if you go through the companies program to get your cdl, that's the people that get screwed over the worst?

8. eazyliving

eazyliving Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2012
    altavista,va
    Go with another company..28days you will only get 50.00 a day ONLY if your driving..And you get NO 200.00...lol

9. eazyliving

Feb 22, 2012
    altavista,va
    Im sorry,everything your saying couldnt be more true.

10. eazyliving

Feb 22, 2012
    altavista,va
    Well,the purpose of going with crst was to work for them and pay the school off with the 8 month contract.Well,after being there and finding out the truth on everything,i wasnt going to be another sucker and paid my money and got the hell out a.s.a.p. Its really sad that they take advantage of people like this,i hope it catches up to them on day

11. Dstraw

Dstraw Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Somewhere
    I have yet to see a CRST driver that looks happy...or gives any sign that he/she is enjoying life at the moment. Sorta sad as I thought the "Gold Rush" was supposed to be fun.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.