Real Teaming Stories/And or Training

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by FearTheCorn, Apr 10, 2021.

1. FearTheCorn

FearTheCorn Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Omaha
    My company recently asked me if I would train. I laughed and laughed, it was a good chuckle. NO! Has anyone on here had a fine, enjoyable life experience out of teaming or training? When I was on my trainers truck, I was thinking about flaying him and wearing his skin as a warning to other trainees. It kinda pissed me off I never did it.

NavigatorWife and tscottme Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I have the best team driver. I do need to try to park with a view of the fuel island. She likes to watch all the commotion going on. When on the fuel island. She’ll even lay across the dashboard and flirt with the other drivers.
    My team driver is a cat.

4. Deere hunter

Deere hunter Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    10 years ago I had a corgi that would drive my truck. He would sit in my lap and put his paws on the steering wheel two or three times a day. I don’t know why he did it he just started doing it one day. Cars would roll up to the left side and he would look over at them as they pass by. I would just kind of lean back in the seat Where they couldn’t see me sure got some funny looks.

5. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    Not sure if the Werner training thread is around still but that was a hilarious read..

6. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I tried be trainer I had several experiences. One time was on load Pennsylvania to California. We were running I-80 all that way. I gave student like $100 cash for ohio and indiana toll road. Told him to run the tolls I would pay for them myself. Plus stop and get anything he wanted on toll road to eat or drink I was paying for it. I had go to bed to drive the night shift. He wakes me up like 5 hours later, says we are at end of I-80. We were on a single lane road out on back road. The student had no idea what state we were even in. I went to bed on I-80 in PA.. We could have been in NY or WV or OH. I finally found a sign and we got going the correct way. The student made left turn by Youngstown Ohio on OH-11 it took us down by East Liverpool Ohio. Not the most truck friendly place or road. I did not blame the student because it easy mistake. Plus it shows how driver trainer really needs to be up when student ate driving and the trucking companies running us as team was bad idea in my opinion.

7. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Someone that never had kids, I feel the ultimate test of patience, probably should not be a trainer. It's like a health care worker, not all patients are going to be J-Lo. As a trainer, you'll be dealing with folks that are usually out of options, and think, "trucking, of course, now with automatics, how tough could it be, you just sit there". I think that was a terrible idea, having the trainer sleep so they can drive later, tells me it's a crappy outfit, and doesn't have safety in mind. Lucky that's ALL that happened, they went a wrong way. Sorry, I'm still flabbergasted you have to actually TRAIN someone to drive a truck, it was 2nd nature for most of us, didn't need no stinkin' trainer, but here we are.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  8. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    otterinthewater Thanks this.
  9. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Not during a pandemic.
    We have a couple new drivers coming on and nobody wants to train.
    Wearing a mask while stuck in a day cab w another?
    No way...and they pay trainers 3 buck an hour extra here.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  10. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    That guy could make a real mess of it.

JolliRoger and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  11. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    30 years ago...Had a trainee who had just completed log hauling course. I woke up in bunk as he was stopped. He told me flat tire. I told him I’d get right out there and he told me not bother already had the spare mounted....they broke the mold on those guys:D

Northern Nomad Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.