Reasons why NOT to work for Carroll Fulmer, Groveland, FL

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by CrossBronxBomber, Jul 12, 2014.

1. TruckerWill54

TruckerWill54 Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Do they do hair follicle testing

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GreenChile

GreenChile Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Spring Hill Florida
    No

4. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Put the weed down, and you won't have to worry about it.

Purplepete90 and REO6205 Thank this.
  5. albert l

albert l Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2013
    On the Road
  6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    BUT IT WASN'T MY FAULT! I was at a party about 3 weeks ago, and there were people there smoking weed. I didn't partake, but I walked through the smoke, and ate a bite of a brownie. Now you're thinking I'm some kind of druggie or something, because of these circumstances.......

7. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Yes. Sometimes they do it every day. Some people get tested twice a day, like that guy that bent over to pick up his gloves and a doobie fell out of his pocket...people like that.

8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I heard that happened at a place I used to work at years ago. Guy told me there were 5 drivers standing in the office, having a discussion with the supervisor. One guy pulls a piece of paper out of his shirt pocket, and his baggie falls out on the floor. He just ignores it for a few minutes, until the supervisor tells him, " well, aren't you going to pick up your bag of pot?"

9. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.

LOL...That's like going to work and finding roaches in the ashtray from the driver that just brought the truck...a tanker loaded with av-gas... in to swap drivers. We were really busy and I came in to unload the truck so the next driver would have more hours available. The driver was still in the lounge doing his paperwork so I put the roaches in an envelope, sealed it,took it inside and dropped it on the desk in front of him. Nobody else was in the room. He opened the envelope and got real pale. He tried to bluff his way out of it with all kinds of excuses but when I told him he was going for a pee test right then he folded.
    I told him he had two choices, quit quietly or get fired noisily if he flunked the test. He admitted he wouldn't pass. He stood up, said "I quit", gathered his stuff and walked out.
    A week later a tanker outfit from Sacramento called looking for a reference for the guy who quit. There's a limit to what you can ask or answer about job applicants. I asked the Sacramento guy if he drug tested all new applicants. He said he did. I said "Good !" and that was all I needed to say for him to get the message.
    The next reference request we got from our dope smoking tanker driver was from an outfit that cleans and pumps portable toilets on job sites.
    Do I feel sorry for the driver? NO. Would I do it again? Yes I would.

10. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Is juicy still aroud at CF?

11. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    It's not weed that's the problem, it's the heroin that's the problem.

Western flyer Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.