Recent Cdl Graduate Looking For a Cdl Job in Florida

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Ej86, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Ej86

Ej86 Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2024
    I’m located in Brooksville, Florida and I’m having a hard time finding a local Cdl job let me know if there are anymore places hiring non experienced cdl drivers. I’m willing to travel about an hour for work if needed. I’ve been applying to Cdl class A and B jobs since December I’ve gotten a few interviews but haven’t been hired. I’ve applied for places like Coca Cola, Pepsi, Sysco, JJ Taylor, PFG, Dollar General, and garbage truck companies. Thank you very much for any feedback.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Ej86 Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Does the job have to be local/home every day?

6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    You need experience.....you can't limit yourself to only local jobs when you lack experience. You're going to have to consider going over the road for a year or 2 then try again for local jobs. New CDL-A drivers are most likely going to get passed over for more experienced drivers for local jobs, in certain instances, OTR companies moving in that direction as well. Then you're in Florida and your pickings are fairly slim. It's unfortunate, but it's the state of the industry right now. Inconsistent freight equals slower hiring.

Ej86 Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Moretrench Industrial
    11001 Fern Hill Dr, Riverview, FL 33578
    [​IMG]
    A Truck Driver – Water Tanker is an hourly-rated skilled craft position that performs on construction projects any combination of the duties described more fully, below. A Truck Driver – Water Tanker typically performs a wide variety of tasks, transferring from one task to another as the work flow dictates. The Truck Driver – Water Tanker will be running and operating a water truck that will need a CDL Class A license with a tanker endorsement. The Truck Driver – Water Tanker may also drive a tri-axel truck and trailer for the asphalt/paving operations Team

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Mondelēz International
    Tampa, FL
    `

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.