recent grad any one know who is Hiring right now

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by trucking777, Apr 16, 2024.

1. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Because he has no experience. He lives in Vegas, and @Chinatown has helped him considerably. When you're trying to get started, you get the ball rolling any way possible. I began my career working there years ago, and guess what, it gave me experience. Sure, you may not make the best money at Western, but where the value in Western lies is the fact that they area reputable company, that's easily verifiable, and it gives drivers experience. Western ain't there for you necessarily to make a career, unless it works for you. For some drivers, it works for a long time. That's fine too. They had the same crappy reviews back then. I did fine there, and my experience wasn't nearly as bad. I actually made good money at that time working there. Never sat. Thays because I kept my head down and did what was asked of me. There's a driver on here that had a hiccup and went to Western for a while, and we just hired him away from them. He spent enough time there rehabbing his career, and that ended up helping him get somewhere better. Yes you want to make good money in trucking, but you ain't getting to the good money without experience. Experience, especially in this freight market, is probably the most valuable thing to have in this industry.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. justasinger

justasinger Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2024
    I am making what I consider to be good money with Werner. I hit my 12 months behind the wheel next month, and have decided to part ways with the company. I think Werner gave me a great foot in the door, and pretty good money, though it is 100% driver unload. They took me straight out of school and handed me the keys to a 2020 cascadia (after 4 weeks with a trainer).

Chinatown and bryan21384 Thank this.
  4. trucking777

trucking777 Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2023
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Gate Gourmet - Las Vegas
    `
    upload_2024-4-17_8-46-20.jpeg

6. JSanborn103

JSanborn103 Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2021
    There are better companies that take new drivers like Abilene, Danny herman, even Schneider, Prime, or Swift. I knew someone who worked for prime and they said that they made decent money.

7. Loudstacks

Loudstacks Light Load Member

Feb 29, 2020
    Florida
    heard prime has inward facing cameras - anyone working there can confirm? or this is only for the delinquents?

8. trucking777

trucking777 Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2023
    Thank for the information

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.