recommend a good company with weekly hometime

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by wbm1988, Jul 24, 2017.

1. FamilyDAWG

FamilyDAWG Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2017
    Hey L.B., are you still with Millis?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    no, I bought a truck a few months ago and am at Mercer now.

4. FamilyDAWG

Sep 28, 2017
    Ok

5. FamilyDAWG

Sep 28, 2017
    I am starting with Millis Monday and I also live just north of Macon. I was just going to ask you a few questions. Thanks

6. L.B.

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    Ask away. I still recommend Millis for new drivers or for people who want weekends at home on regional. I just wanted to start my own business.

7. FamilyDAWG

Sep 28, 2017
    Thanks. Did you get enough miles running regional? I am having a hard time deciding between regional and OTR. I would love to be home every weekend but need enough to pay my bills. Also, living just north of Macon like you, do you recommend somewhere that I can park my truck when I am home? I am excited to go to Millis as they seem like a great company. Thanks for any help you can give me.

8. FamilyDAWG

Sep 28, 2017
    One mor
    One more question, was the bunk big enough in the regional trucks to be relatively comfortable? Thanks again for letting me ask these questions.

9. L.B.

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    Miles is always a subjective question. I normally ran 2200-2300 miles a week and I was home every weekend. Slow times can dip down to 1900 or so and a really busy week I've run 2900 miles before. Keep in mind you might not get home until saturday morning sometimes if you run out of time. You'll have to do the math to see if that is enough for you. Not sure what they pay or what your experience level is.

I live in the country north of Forsyth so parking for me means backing in my driveway which is big enough for 2 trucks. There is a small lot by the waffle house I would drop my trailer in when I went on vacation and didn't want the trailer next to my house. Where north of Macon are you? I see guys park behind the Lowes on Zebulon. There's a small truck stop on Rumble Rd. There's another driver who live near High Falls who parks at the Loves at the 201. It all depends on where you are. Keep in mind regional drivers take loads home to deliver on Monday so it needs to be somewhat secure and you need a really good lock.

10. L.B.

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    the bunks in the regional T680s are the biggest beds I've ever had on regional. They are big enough for me and my wife to sleep comfortably and I am I big guy. You don't have cabinets so room to move around is limited and storage is limited but you're home every weekend so my clothes for the week fit in one bag.

11. L.B.

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    also, as far as the weekends off deal, some guys work on saturdays for more money and some guys volunteer for weekends. I know some guys work every other weekend. Personally, if I were to do that I'd be OTR. You can be home every 10 days OTR and get a bigger truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.