Recommendations for the San Francisco Bay area

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Badgerboy, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Badgerboy

Badgerboy Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Hey all, my wife just scored a great job in the Bay Area and we’re moving to Walnut Creek. I’ve been delivering food service since 2000 in Chicago, Minneapolis and Milwaukee. I’m getting old yet still love running with carts, however I’m open to other less physical freight, any suggestions.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Crazytrucker77

Crazytrucker77 Heavy Load Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    Are you looking to stay on the West Coast? Maybe I 5 dedicated there are a lot of companies that only run up the run-up the 5. Most companies that run up I-5 you will be home every weekend and potentially through the week. So please give a little more info on what you would like to run so we can give you more detailed advice.

4. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    @Chinatown

5. Badgerboy

Badgerboy Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2019
    I’m looking to be home every night. I enjoy city driving and delivery. Am open to trying LTL and OTR. I have kids back in Wisconsin I need to visit once per month.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Local CDL A Drivers - Layovers Possible - Martinez, CA $90K to over $100K
    Martinez is 12 miles from Walnut Creek.
    Continental Carbonic Products - Martinez, CA 94553
    $90,000 - $100,000 a year
    $5K Sign on Bonus (3 installments of $1,666.66 paid out over 6 months)

$31 per hour

$2 per hour additional monthly safety bonus

$30 per diem for every layover

You will make $90,000 to over $100,000 per year

Continental Carbonic Products, Inc., has Full-Time Job opportunities for Class A CDL Drivers in Martinez, CA:

• Early morning start time (0300 to 1130)
    • 50 – 55 hours per week (time and a half paid on overtime hours)
    • Potential Layovers ($30 per diem for every layover)

Lepton1 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. Badgerboy

Badgerboy Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Thanks Brother!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Walnut Creek, the city is in what is called “ The East Bay”. If your not familiar with the area, your going to be in for a bit of culture shock. Hope you have some serious cash lined up for finding a residence. This part of California is listed in the top 5 of high cost of living areas.

On the job front, you should have little problem finding employment. Food service, P&D, shuttle and other day work of a wide variety is available. For regional and OTR, you will probably have to go into the Central Valley, Sacramento, Stockton area. From Walnut Creek to Sacramento, can and often is a several hour drive depending on time of day. Chicago has nothing on Bay Area traffic.

jammer910Z, Lepton1, Omega1 and 2 others Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That's the Dry Ice People aint it?

You are going to need to read up on the stuff. It can hurt you real bad if you do not have the right protections for your hands, face and so on. They contain a kind of freeze that is so deep that our bodies only response to it is the same as that for a severe burn on contact.

A secondary problem in closed rooms would be the vapor, it's not supportive of human life when breathed.

Lepton1 and Badgerboy Thank this.
  10. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    As Espressolane stated, I hope you've planned for housing either renting or being able to afford to buy. I live 30 miles from Walnut Creek and it is in the top 10 most expensive places to live in the US. The traffic in the east bay (and bay area in general) is also some of the worst in the US, so OTR might be a better option than local. Unless it's between rush hours or at night, I avoid bay area traffic at all cost.

Badgerboy Thanks this.
  11. Omega1

Omega1 Heavy Load Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Oregon
    As others have already stated, super expensive and congratulations to you and wifey for landing a job where you can afford to live in that area. The area is beautiful, but dang...way out of my reach. Good luck with your job search and enjoy the East Bay area.

Badgerboy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.