Record all calls and keep all emails from Schneider

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by picowan1, Aug 15, 2017.

1. picowan1

picowan1 Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2017
    WARNING...Schneider will screw you over before checking into their facts. So, some punk kid by the name of Brandon calls me today to tell me they have been having a hard time getting me into training. First off, duh...I know that they have had a hard time getting me into training. I am the one that has been living day to day waiting. He told me it was all my fault that I missed training...No it was not! The truth I have in phone recordings as well as emails and should be on their own phone calls and records is this: I was feeling very sick before I was supposed to be in training a few weeks ago. But as a good employee does I traveled just under 800 miles in my own car knowing that I may need to make some stops because I felt like I had the flu at the time. I went to day one and day two of training when a staff member, Gary, (leaving last names out) told me to go to the doctor and get checked out. I did so and found out I had Shingles. I wondered why I felt like Rocky had used my like a punching bag. Anyway, the doctor gave me medications and I let Gary know. He told me to take time off because he has had Shingles and the last thing I want to do is bounce around in a truck. I hesitated but agreed because I was new and didn't want to cause waves. However, I had to drive down to Tuscon, AZ where I had a place to stay because I was not about to drive clear back home, another 800 miles. I got a doctor note and returned the following week. I got through three days this time when I was flagged by the clinic who did our urine test. It was already almost 5:00 p.m when I got the message and I tried to call while in a truck with my trainer in Phoenix. I called and was advised that they all went home for the day. My trainer said that I need to wait and call them in the morning before I continue training. I did just that and all they wanted was a simple yes or no for a question and they said I was good to go and I was no longer held up in my process. I called Gary to tell him I did not need a ride to school that I would drive my car over to school because I wanted to go to Wal-Mart after class to get some food for dinners as they do not provide dinner. Gary got was upset and started saying I can't just call and say I am going shopping and doing whatever, while I am supposed to be in class. I again told him that is not what I said and to listen to my voice mail again. I said I was cleared by the clinic and would drive myself to class (and that is allowed) so I can go shopping AFTER CLASS! Anyway, because I had missed more class I was told to wait again for the next week to start. Well, crap!!! So, again, I am living off very little money and having to wait yet another week to start...NOW HERE IS THE REAL KICKER!!! I call at the end of the week as I was told, because a lady named Kay, said she would call me on Friday to confirm everything. She did not call and was extremely rude to me when I called her for the details. She said she told me before that the next week was too full for me to begin. That is not what she said...she told me that it MAY be too full for me because they already had 27 students but she would let me know by the end of the week if they can work something out. I told her my recruiter, Clara, had just left me a voice mail saying that although, the class is full they worked something out and I was good to go. Now this Kay lady tells me NO, there is no way I can go and that I am not to attend. I verified once again just to make sure because I did not want to get in trouble for not attending and she confirmed again that I am to go home and she would be in touch with be by Friday to let me know if they had room for me in the class on the following Tuesday. Yet again, I received no phone call so I tried calling and I left a message. Still no response! So, I figured the last I heard I should probably start heading back to Phoenix but about four hours into the trip I just had a feeling something would be wrong when I arrived because nobody was contacting me or replying to my calls. I found on one of my old travel documents that the travel department with Schneider was open all weekend So, I stopped and called them...Thank God I did because they said they DID NOT have me on the list to go to class and no hotel had been reserved for me. So, Instead of continuing on I left a voice mail for Clara to contact me because I was not listed to schedule again and I needed her or anyone to PLEASE contact me. And I turned around and went home yet again. I have sold most of my belongings because I figured I would live in the truck for the most part anyway, I even got rid of my apartment and was staying with family until class. I have very little money by now to continue on like this. Clara called and left me a message Monday morning I assume while I was in the shower and she said I could go to class. Well, by the time I get this voice mail it is afternoon. So I called her and told her there was no way I could do 800 miles even if I drive my car and make it in time, and obviously I could no longer take the gray hound they reserve and be on time so we would need to wait yet again. She soon called me back and to her credit she was quite professional. I asked her if I could talk to her about this continual bouncing around through different people and that it was making it next to impossible to know what I am supposed to do. I told her, as she knew that I have been in careers all my life that had a lot of politics in them and I felt like I was being railroaded out by the company. She assured me I was not and that I would have no problems back in Phoenix either. So, here again, I start studying a big manual they gave to us when I first started training. By now I am about 3/4 the way through it. I might add that I turned down a job today as well with another company prior to this Brandon kid calling, as I knew I was set to begin with Schneider next week and since I have gone this far with them, I felt I needed to remain loyal to them. Then this kid, Brandon calls up and Immediately tells me because I haven't showed up for training and done what I need to do so they are "letting me go." I tried time after time, (though I didn't care at this point because he was the frosting on the cake to letting me know who Schnieder really is) to tell him what happened but he kept talking over me meanwhile telling me I was the one talking over him. What a joke and unprofessional face for Schneider. He called me a little #####, (remember this is all recorder) so Schneider if you see this I will be more than happy to let you see and hear the recordings I have. If for no reason to let you see and hear the truth! These people above can say what they like but do they have the evidence? As I said I hope you have your own recordings and urge you to listen to them! If not you may contact me and I will work something out. NOT because I want to work there, because rest assured, I DO NOT and WOULD NOT wok for Schneider no matter what, Nor will I recommend them. You put on a happy game face but deep down the true colors show up like they did particularly in Brandon, Kay and Gary. My recruiter, Clara remained professional even if the info I got wasn't necessarily based on having to deal with all these other people, what they did, what they said and the emails I have. As for Brandon, all he could stick to was why I would record, well if he listened my phone records all calls because of my prior job where we were required to record, but he said that I only record "because I have an angle to play" LOL, please little boy, don't pretend to know anything, because he clearly was taking stabs in the dark because he was not armed with facts. So, after calling me a "little #####" or "little dick" and getting upset because I called you a gay liberal or whatever you claimed, I don't recall saying it but yet again guess we are glad I have the recording huh? What I said to you was to stop acting like a crybaby collage aged punk. But the recording that I "have an angle with" will speak for both of us. So, will my emails. Anyway, as you can see there was a ton of miscommunication and in my opinion it is because everyone had their fingers in a one man job and that job should have been my recruiter, not a little of everywhere since it is obvious that even this Brandon kid called to fire me without having any of his facts straight. Wow what a law suite I could have...is it worth it or should I just chop it up to what it is...in my opinion they are a pathetic and unorganized company that I have no desire to work for as well as others that I have talked to. My opinion and advice is protect yourself from companies like this!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    This sounds like Classic Brandon and Gary. Those rascals. Call in a heavy hitter like Richard Schwartz, one call that's all. It's hard to sue a company you never worked for though.

4. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    One big block of text is hard to read. Can you use paragraps?

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Go with another company. You're 800 miles from Phoenix; where do you live?
    Which company did you turn down for Schneider?

6. Hick

Hick Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    West Virginia
    So did they run out of pens or was it the manuals? Surely they didn't run out of paper. Maybe chairs? Naw, they might have asked you to bring your own chair... maybe the room only held 27 people and 28 would be a fire hazard? Hmmm

I was just wondering how you didn't get the hint after 2 classes were 'full'.

shogun Thanks this.
  7. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Need more details. Please be specific.

Opus, freightwipper and Kyle G. Thank this.
  8. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    Dang man...

I got 2/3 of the way through it and started getting dizzy. I need to go lie down.

scottied67, Tanker312, nax and 5 others Thank this.
  9. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    space bar and return keys are really useful. look into the return key. that post needs broken up into paragraphs.

daf105paccar and gentleroger Thank this.
  10. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    [​IMG]

11. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    So you start training, end up going home sick.

Then you start again, get popped by UA, cleared but get held back. (Usually we keep y'all in the hotel if this happens)

Then you call Gary in the Driver Training Group to yell him you won't be on the shuttle because you want to go shopping. Not sure why (or how because those guys don't usually have company voicemail ). Why not just go before or after the day and not involve the company at all? Not asking rethoricaly, seriously looking for an answer.

So after the second attempt to get through the first week orientation you're told you need to start over. Again we usually hold you in the hotel when this happens.

In trying to get a third start to the process you end up being rejected.

Is this a fair accounting of what happened?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.