Red breather lights????

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by tnc110, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Try and explain that to the Iowa. Dicks for some reason they don't believe that

Another Canadian driver and Oxbow Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Interesting, my 97 has never had one so far as I know.

4. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    I learn’t a long time ago running old trucks and especially now having them registered for non commercial use to have all the regs highlighted on cliff notes for the non believers. No need to explain and They can’t say nothing when you show it to them in writing.

like the guy who was gonna have me arrested 10 years ago for not having any steer axle brakes. Lol!

5. SmallPackage

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    393.11 49 CFR 571.108

Most transmissions built before the late 80’s had no place for a reverse light switch anyway. I think the 9513’s and 12513’s did but most of the 10’s and any two stick setup did not. Even if they had the hole for them they were just plugged because reverse lights were an option that nobody bought or installed.

6. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    That no front brakes really makes their heads spin ...lol..
    In factI have been giving serious consideration to switch my front axle to 1 with disk brakes.. just haven't done enough research to see if it's economically feasible

Another Canadian driver and Oxbow Thank this.
  7. SmallPackage

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    My uncle had a great story about them “missing” brakes.
    Their was a know it all so called by the book, truck driver harassment technician Dot Bear that used to work the us77/ih37 area in Corpus Christi back in the 80’s and 90’s. Uncle and two other drivers would bring grain down from Montana to the silos on Corn Products rd in Corpus. My ‘67 and a ‘70 were always grossed.
    The bear stopped him one Friday afternoon when he had an hour 1/2 to get to the silos to unload before they close for the weekend. That bear does his “hey boy gonna give you a thorough inspection” speech and gets to work. He’s already flustered because the hood doesn’t tilt open. Lol. Few minutes later he’s like come here driver we have a problem with your front brakes. Where are they? My uncle was huge ######## calmly walks up there and sticks his head up under the fender and then acts like he’s in shock and says I’ve been robbed! Someone stole them! I need to file a report! Call me the cops, Please!
    Needless to say he was there for a while getting it all sorted out and had to camp out in Corpus to unload on Monday.

8. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    I have a modern 18920 or some such in the thing, no idea where the reverse switch would be on it either. No wires or obvious spot where there should be something that I've noticed.
    I just assumed they had a switch the shifter would push in, like a brakelight switch.

9. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    @rank i believe had to install a switch on his truck that never had it new . That was the only way to pass the annual safety

rank Thanks this.
  10. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    you have a very good memory Magoo. NY DOT wrote me up. Had to install the switch on top of the 15 speed Eaton in my 1986 Pete

Magoo1968 Thanks this.
  11. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    I would love to see that written somewhere

Magoo1968 and Last Call Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.