Red light ticket Indiana

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by truckeagle, Sep 12, 2023.

1. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Your post actually brings up a good point. Per DOT regulations yellow lights are to be set according to the speed limit on the road. I remember a case down in Florida about a decade ago when they put those automatic red light ticket systems in. The cameras. So they could make more revenue and collect more tickets they shortened the time that the light was yellow. Well some people took the Company managing the system to court and the good old judge went out to the intersection himself with a stopwatch. Determined they had lowered the yellow light time by almost 3/4 of a second under what it should be. He made them pay back every single red light ticket ever given at that intersection.
    Op, so yeah, you might look into if that yellow light time is set correctly. Unless you just ran a complete turned light.

Lonesome and REALITY098765 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckeagle

truckeagle Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2020
    I didn’t was yellow but turned red very quickly, I’m not saying I’m not at fault but with almost 80k it hard to stop in 20 feet from 55 mi/hr , I hope I can clear this , lesson learned, It could’ve been worst if I struck someone
    I’m not looking for excuses but this happened at 2:30 am with only me and the cop in the intersection, and I belive he was hiding fishing for that light because when crossing, I didn’t see him

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Try a different lawyer. Maybe try
    www.Roadlaw.net
    They specialize in CDL holders

Rideandrepair and Bonita Nut Thank this.
  5. Pigdude

Pigdude Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2021
  6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    That's bad advice. An o/o should protect their license the same as a company driver.

truckeagle and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I used to pay $2 a week for a service called driver's legal plan. If you got a ticket anywhere in the country for a flat $500 they'd have an attorney fight it for you. Saved my driving record a few times back in the earlier years. But a legal service like that won't help him after the fact. It'd be like wrecking your uninsured car then trying to buy insurance to cover it afterwards. I've had success on my own fighting tickets too. There's some good advice in this thread. Always fight every ticket never let them hang anything on your record.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  8. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I had TVC for a few years. Never used it. Got the 71/55 a few months after cancelling. Paid it and got another in Ky. Hired TVC. It cost extra upfront, I think $375 in 07. I kept it for a couple years. I haven’t had a ticket in 14 years. Thank God.

9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Warsaw, Indiana..... you can get a ticket through there by being in the left lane, they used to be real strict on that crap.

truckeagle, slim shady and Last Call Thank this.
  10. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Heavy Load Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn oops Ocala, Fl.
    Fight EVERY ticket, always. Most of the time the cop doesnt show up, and guess what? You WIN.

Most states YOU dont even have to show up. Wisconsin, I guess you have to pay the #### fine to even fight the ticket now I hear. No way that is constitutional, Im surprised the ACLU hasnt fought that.

truckeagle Thanks this.
  11. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    I think Indiana has always been a no joke state as I recall. I just try to behave there. It does always work. he Austin Powers approach.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.