Reddaway

Discussion in 'YRC' started by reddawaydriver, Sep 15, 2012.

1. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    Hiring down here too. I see a bunch of Reddaway going up n down the 5 in cali. It sure has been busy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    That's awesome you guys are busy. We're so so in my part of the woods. We hired acouple of line guys and gonna hire more. So I guess they are projecting it to get busy.

4. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    I'll take it while we have it! Sure is better than last year. Although we were busy at this time last year, it wasn't like this. Hope it picks up more for you Radman

5. BMAC48

BMAC48 Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Not sure if many follow YRCW stock price price but it shot up almost $10 in the last week,should have bought some 6 weeks ago at $5 a share,missed a great opportunity again,this was all because YRC posted a profit for the 2 quarter in over 6 years but still are 1.3B in debt,on this news Mr Welch and the Board decided its time to go shopping and this time it's ABF they want to buy,all I have to say is here we go again but our Teamster President Mr Hoffa said it best....
    "Before YRC begins looking for acquisition targets," Hoffa said. "They should first restore our members' wages and pension contributions." In mid-2009, YRC and the Teamsters agreed to a series of agreements calling for workers to take 15-percent pay cuts and for management to forego pension contributions for 18 months. The contributions were restored at the start of 2011 but only at one-fourth the levels they were at before.
    Those and other actions by the Teamsters were widely credited with saving YRC from bankruptcy and possible dissolution as well as preserving the jobs of 25,000 or so Teamsters.
    "We thought they had finally learned the lessons of past management catastrophes. Unfortunately it appears they have not," Hoffa said.

6. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    Of course they haven't learned anything. They have no intention of giving back those cuts. Companies are like the Government, give them an inch and they will take a mile. Then they just keep trying to take. The one big perk of being a teamster to me was that sweet pension plan they used to have. Yes there was higher pay and they paid for everything, free benefits but that pension was number one in my book. That was worth it's weight in gold. Just watch, ABF will go down the same road next if YRC doesn't buy them first.

7. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Yeah, I believe this month is the slowest for us surprisingly. Winter was real steady. Extra board guys were getting worn out trying to take time off. Last year it didn't get going til June for me but I was near the bottom. Well see what happens probably get slammed.

8. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    They keep saying it's going to get busier down here so it should pick up soon for you too, I would think.

9. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    I should keep busy where I'm at on the board. Just new guys are gonna struggle til it gets going.

10. cool35

cool35 Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Everywhere
    Radman, How's it going up there? Still busy down here and I'm still work a lot but not as hard. They have been hiring like crazy down here. So it's thinning out a bit. I'm kind of glad actually. I'm pretty sure I'll get a bid next time and I'm gonna pick the easiest one they have. Screw the miles!

11. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    I've been able to keep busy but it still doesn't seem like its picked up just yet. But, it seems like the loads are starting to get heavier. We're still hiring local and line so they are expecting it to get busy. It's probably gonna hit us like a ton of bricks. I don't know about if ill get a bid yet hopefully I will next time around.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.