Refillable mug policies of truck stops ...

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by HFC, Jul 29, 2009.

1. HFC

HFC Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Yes, I know that some, if not, most truck stops allow you to have at least a small cup of coffee if you have filled up your truck with their diesel.

I am talking about the refillable mugs that are 52 to 64 ounces. I have one from Flying J that's 100 ounces and one from Petro that's a bit smaller than that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    If you buy 1000 gallons of fuel in a month at Loves truck stops you get unlimited refills and showers for the next month on your card. They are a fuel stop for my company and I have been able to keep that on my card for about 6 months now. I used to travel with a 12 pack of soda in my cooler and go through at least one a week. I now find myself planning stops for loves stores to refill my mugs. I usually have the fuel purchased by the third week of the month. I figure it saves me $10-$15 a week in coffee and soda expenses. I used to always order the "combo" at the restaurant. Now I just grab a sandwich and drink the free refill.

HFC Thanks this.
  4. Scuby

Scuby Heavy Load Member

Mar 10, 2007
    HFC I usually drink sodas out of bottles and the few times I do drink out of a mug its usually 32+ ounces. Most T/S's don't care unless its bigger than 64 ounces. It costs the T/S about 25-30 cents for a refill,wheras the cup is 50 cents or more.

HFC Thanks this.
  5. Brickhauler

Brickhauler Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Elizabeth CO
    I look at like a sport, I try to fill my "Mr. Fuel" 44 oz. cup at as many places as possible for free.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.