Registrations

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by NoTime, Feb 28, 2007.

1. NoTime

NoTime Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2007
    Hi , I am thinking of starting a registration service for the public along with my notary business. Could someone tell me if the registrastion of the tractor trailors have anything special about them that I need to know. Im thinking its the same as any vehicle except weight wise etc but am not sure. Was hoping a O/O would chime in and let me know what all is involved to help me learn please!!

NoTime

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Joethemechanic

Joethemechanic Medium Load Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Phila Pa
  4. NoTime

NoTime Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2007
    Hello and Im sorry that was silly of me not to add that.
    Redding Calif.

I want to start a registration service specilalizing in Trucks. I know we have a lot of trucking companys here and car lots as well.

I need to know where besides the dash is the VIN placed etc

Any information would be helpful

NoTime

5. Joethemechanic

Joethemechanic Medium Load Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Phila Pa
    Most times on the drivers side door jam or on the drivers door. Also stamped in the passenger side frame rail between the spring hangers for the steering axle. Then there are the hidden ones on some trucks, like on little tags wrapped up in the wiring harnesses.

If Ca. is anything like Pa. if you know how to do apportioned registrations and how to fix what the state screws up you will have people lined up at your door. I have to go see a notary tomorrow that is one of the best around here for apportioned reg. She is working by appointment only from about now until the end of June (our tags all expire in May)

6. NoTime

NoTime Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2007
    Thank you so much Joe. I thought so but wasnt sure. My husband is only home on the weekends and He doesnt bring the truck home for me to check all of this out. Hopefully he will next weekend!

Any other informatuion you would be willing to pass on please I would be grateful.

such as.

Do I register the tractor, trailor the same way as any other car or pickup, the fees being different for GVW I know etc.?
    Do I need to learn about fuel tax, out of state taxes, permits DOT numbers, things like that to register the trucks?

Thank you for all your help

NoTime

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.