Reinhart food service Oak Creek WI

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by BrandonCDLdriver, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    So i wonder how much detention pay the desk princess made possible?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. James122

James122 Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2018
    United States
    1) I don't schedule the drivers. We are a drop qnd hook facility, they show up when ever.

2) No.

Point is, try finding out why she went on break first, before tearing her down. She could have a medical condition, could have been that her bosses called her back, or simply, it could be a union shop and they have to take their breaks when told.

Lighten up dude. There are more important things to life then worrying about this.

4. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Um, no. I'm out here to make money. I'm away from my family and friends for weeks at a time. If someone is holding me up needlessly, I report them. Busy is one thing, taking a needless break causing an unnecessary backup is totally different.

If I can't make money I'll walk from the truck.

And like I'd said before, I don't give a #### if she wants to go take a break. Get your coworker to cover the window. I've worked customer service jobs at a service window before. When you go on break, your coworker covers the window and vice versa. You NEVER tell your customers "oh well come back later." Not when you're carrying 100 grand of food on your truck.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  5. James122

Jun 28, 2018
    United States
    Did you report her to her boss?

6. BrandonCDLdriver

Sep 1, 2017
    No, I reported her to my dispatcher, and he went to the driver manager and then the driver manager contacted the customer service rep who has direct relations with the scheduler at Rienhart. I have no clue if I'm the one who got her to come off break. I just know she pissed off a lot of drivers doing that.

There is not much "extra" parking there. So when a dozen trucks show up and have nowhere to go, it becomes a dangerous thing when trucks are parked willy nilly wherever they can fit. Blocking in trucks already backed up to the dock, parking out on the street, etc. It's a safety thing.

7. James122

Jun 28, 2018
    United States
    Ok. I guess I am more patient than most. I wouldn't have snitched her out, but that is just me.

8. BrandonCDLdriver

Sep 1, 2017
    Time is money. Pay me by the hour and I'm the most patient person you ever met. By the mile, and you better get me in and out or I'm reporting you. I've stayed hours at DC's and such knowing they're just busy but efficient. That's fine. If I see everyone busting ### I won't make a peep. But if I see you laying back chatting on your phone smoking a ciggy while trucks are backing up onto the road yea I'm reporting that. Especially when in the delivery notes it says "late arrivals will be refused." Yea, I don't play that ####.

In over a year I've only reported a couple of people, her being one of them. The other one was actually a truck stop taking 6 hours to change a tire on my trailer.

9. James122

Jun 28, 2018
    United States
    How long you been driving?

10. BrandonCDLdriver

Sep 1, 2017
    Read what you quoted and you'll know.

11. James122

Jun 28, 2018
    United States
    Just a year. Do this a few more years and you will relaize that these things happen and no amount of dropping dimes on people are going to make it better. Especially, if you are pulling reefer, which I assume you are cause you delievered to Reinhart.

Point is, these things are going to happen. I was detained at a Cold Storage DC near Davenport, IA for being 5 minutes late. I came through a blizzard to get there. They levied a $500 fine aganist my company. Yet, they said they were impressed that I made it and that I was the only driver to show that day. Even though they had workers who were snowed in and they had me in a dock, they decided they wanted to wait and wait and wait. I sat 15 hours.

Delays are un-avoidable. You can either roll with the punches and deal with them, or get stressed out every single time, end up hating what you do, and in two years you will be burnt out.

I meant no insult to you, I understand being frustrated, but it is something you will have to get used to, if you plan on being out here for awhile.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.