Reinhart food service Oak Creek WI

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by BrandonCDLdriver, Jul 7, 2018.

1. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    No it was not reefer. Ozark doesn't pull reefers. I had some kind of drinks on board. Like Hawaiian punch or something. And like I said I don't mind waiting. I mind waiting when delays are PREVENTABLE.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. James122

James122 Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2018
    United States
    Oh ok. Ozark is a good company. I wasn't there, but I would imagine there was no way of knowing it was preventable or not.

4. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Perishables and non temp controlled use the same intake process. They've been doing it that way for a long time, and I've talked to 4 or 5 different ladies doing that job. The outside break area in decent weather is a good place to see what's going on. BTW, a driver asked about restroom facilities last time I was there and he was accomodated.

Stuff happens, even to dry box and tank, talk to someone about some of those places some time. Like those breading mix plants.

5. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Anyone smart enough to take her place, while she's on break? Guess not. Take a pic of the clock on their wall, if they have one. Or pic of empty window space. Nice time stamp when a discussion occurs over arrival time and detention.

BrandonCDLdriver Thanks this.
  6. stillwurkin

Dec 2, 2017
    Make sure everyone has same appt time, and coincides with your break exactly. Love it when I arrive at these places and 6 or 10 of us all have a 6am appt. A fluster cluck.

BrandonCDLdriver Thanks this.
  7. stillwurkin

Dec 2, 2017
    And realize they (or most) dont care. But at quitting they do move, out the door and hammer down.

buzzarddriver Thanks this.
  8. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    One thing i always wondered was:
    If they were in such a rush to get away from their job, why were they working there in the first place????

whoopNride Thanks this.
  9. stillwurkin

Dec 2, 2017
    Ha. Most hate it and it shows. Attitudes and rudeness. Nice though when you meet a happy receiver. Thats the million dollar ?. If a person hates their job that much, get out. Don't make everyone else miserable.

BrandonCDLdriver and whoopNride Thank this.
  10. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    When I back into a dock and I see a tired old warehouse worker who looks like he's got more miles on his forklift than I have on my big rig I always smile and say "How's it going? Y'all doin' alright today?" (in my best southern drawl). I've yet to be treated like #### when I greet someone like that.

And when they come bring me my signed BOL I smile just the same and thank them and ask them if everything looked ok. (I know it did or else they would immediately tell me and reject part of the load but it shows I care.) Again, never been treated poorly at that point when I smile and greet them like that.

Now the people that actually greet you at the window, oh yea, been treated like crap by them many times at all kinds of different places.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.