Relocate to Indiana?

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by VIDEODROME, Jun 29, 2016.

1. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    I decided against US Xpress and looking at some other options in Abrams, WI or Green Bay, WI. If something local doesn't pan out there, I'm looking at Abilene.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rda2580

rda2580 Heavy Load Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Lower Michigan
    Have you checked out Halvor truck lines?

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  4. VIDEODROME

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    I'm not familiar with them. I'll check them out thanks.

Do they have Automatics?

5. rda2580

rda2580 Heavy Load Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Lower Michigan
  6. dennisroc

dennisroc Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    I would like to be a driver in Indiana , I was born and raised there but have lived in South Korea for over 10 years and thinking about moving back to drive.
    Anywhere in the states is closer to home for me so I could run all over the place.
    Hoosier Daddy lol
    Maybe I will check with USX but I think no APU :(

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  7. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    In case anyone else is interested an old co-worker of mine went to the Walmart account in Fort Wayne(Auburn). (not sure how similar his experience will be to Gas City but I'm sure they'll have a lot in common)

The dedicated accounts are ran, dispatched, and managed on site. The account manager works there.
    Slip seat trucks.
    You don't really "touch" freight but you have to stand at the back of the trailer pulling stickers off pallets and putting them on a sheet of paper. He made it seem like it's a lot of paperwork.
    Everyday you have to call in to dispatch and see what time they want you to come in. Days off vary week by week.
    He'd call me a lot to ##### about waiting for loads or stores to unload his trailer I'm not sure which but he definitely had spent some time sitting around.
    As for money, he said it was right. Knowing his weird form of slang this meant he made some good money on the account. At least $1k/week from the sounds of it.
    He lasted about 2 months and quit. Said he couldn't take the poor management, having to call in everyday to see when he had to work, and bumping his 14 every almost every day.
    USX billed him $100 because he quit before 90 days.

Hopefully that helps anyone else stumbling across the thread looking for info.

8. diasporatransporter88

diasporatransporter88 Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Don't even entertain the entire of relocating, I currently work the account and about to transfer of find another company. The bonus money sounds good, but between time before getting the bonus the regular pay is ####. The promise 1000$ + a week, but the truth is you will never and I repeat you will never get enough miles to come close to make a $1000. You will rely on the true up bonus every week, which is 950$. That might be the only good thing beside the job been easy work (perfect for lazy drivers). Beware though any simple mistake that requires coaching, you will lose your true up bonus for a month, and consequences go up from there. I have talked to driver that have lost it for 3 months (don't know why they still working here). Without the true up you will be making about $500 (that's trainee money) As of staff, I wont bad talk folks, everyone will have different experiences based on personality

Hunnybea, NavigatorWife and tucker Thank this.
  9. VIDEODROME

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    Hmm... I can be a lazy driver. I might still consider it. Or settle into it long enough to get 6 months to a year recent experience. I have employment gaps from trying College and it's been an issue and why Halvor declined me.

I guess the main concern is whether the Up Bonus takes a hit and if it has a real effect on how well I afford the cost of living in either Gas City or Auburn.

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Try these:
    Abilene Motor Express
    Don Hummer Trucking
    Titan Transfer
    NTB Trucking
    Green Transportation - Holland, MI
    Danny Herman Trucking

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  11. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Put the college on your application as an employer with your job title as student.
    Works for me. Office of student affairs or something for their phone number.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.