Remember Gadfly? He's fighting for you right to use the radio while driving

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Turbo-T, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Turbo-T

Turbo-T Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Heavy Load Member

Dec 11, 2016
    The fact that we even need to fight for our right to tell other drivers that there’s a pile up due to ice in front of them is ridiculous.

4. Lowboy456

Lowboy456 Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2017
    My wife and I were in our mini van and I had my Stryker 955 with me. Its all mobile when we get back everything comes out, magnetic antenna and all.
    I use it all day in the dump truck, home as a bass and in the mini van on vacation btw.

So here we all are stuck in miles and miles of traffic jam one Friday evening. We were actually trying to get to Crossville Tennessee to visit my Dad and coming from south of Atlanta, Ga.

Anyhow a young trucker came on the air chirping, "whats going on North bound"? A seasoned trucker answered there's a bad wreck at mile marker 254 all lanes are blocked but one, if you had your radio on you'd know whats going on.
    Young trucker says," ah yeah man I never turn it on unless I need it, LOL!".
    The seasoned trucker said, " all you young truckers out there need to turn your radios on and leave them on! That radio can save your life!
    He said, " I watched truck after truck pile into one another in a 150 car pile up up North one time and could do nothing but watch them. Only the truckers with their radio on got the warning and knew to slow down in time to avoid it.

I thought it was interesting that this trucker was actually there the day of the famous 150 car pile up and avoided it because of CB radio.
    I say he avoided it he may have been in it but was still trying to keep others from piling up, that I'll never know.

Well I figured it wouldn't be long before someone would be harping against talking on CB while driving. Someone somewhere has nothing better to do than try their darndest to take away one more right or freedom. It doesn't surprise me in the least, not even a little bit.

I think he was talking about this pile up.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  5. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    How many in that pileup were company drivers that have a camera pointed at them 24/7, and a strict co. policy of no hand held devices unless truck brakes are set?

snowman1980 Thanks this.
  6. silvereagle1

silvereagle1 Bobtail Member

Well those companies would be ones I would avoid like they had the clap. The company I am leased to I know the owner very well and like she told me I have no right to put rear facing cameras in my trucks that is the driver’s privacy. There is always other ways to see what my driver was doing if they are involved in a accident

snowman1980 and John E. Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.