Request for suggestions: Alternative use of TV mount

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by monzill82, May 19, 2023.

1. monzill82

monzill82 Bobtail Member

May 18, 2023
    I am a laptop user that is eyeballing the feasibility of installing a laptop holder on an articulating arm, connected to the stock TV mount in my Kenworth T680.

The first thought that comes to mind is getting a 2"x10", drilling some screws into it through the default holes on the TV mount, the mount an arm onto the wood block, but the stock TV mount has a weight capacity of 22 lbs, so I'd rather pursue lightweight strategies.

There are plenty of clamp based mounts, but they all appear to designed to be clamped onto horizontal surfaces like tables, not vertical, and rotating 90 degrees runs a risk of the laptop mount being unusable.

Additionally, the top of the TV mount sits 21" above my mattress, while I'd like to have the laptop holder sit about 8" off the bed when in use, finding a wall mounted articulating arm that bends at a significant decline has been impossible for me so far. It should also be stated that the furthest point I'd need the laptop would be apx 36" from the TV mount on a horizontal plane. I'd also appreciate any clamping solutions to be attached on the top of the TV mount, to let gravity assist when I slam into potholes.

And to answer the question of "why": right now I pull out a bed bath and beyond breakfast in bed tray to leave my laptop on, I'd rather have something that isn't a production to start up every time I want to use it.

So yeah! If anyone has any suggestions of items to look at to solve my conundrum, I'd be appreciative.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    My tvs back in the day I had never lasted when using truck mount due the the constant jarring . I’d just leave laptop in a protective case or on bed to make it last longer ..

tscottme Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.