Request for TMC drivers

Discussion in 'TMC' started by JPenn, Jul 17, 2008.

1. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    Hey guys...

Any of my fellow TMC drivers happen to own a scanner? I'd like to have a scanned fairly high-res black/white copy of a blank log page for a little side project I'm working on, but don't have a scanner. If there's someone out there who can help on their hometime, shoot me a PM or something.

On another semi-related topic, how many of us use DDL (drivers daily log) on any regular basis? I'd like to have a printable log sheet that I can send in with my transflo stuff. I'm also working on a program to generate filled-out trip sheets from DDL trip records.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2008
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rawlco

Rawlco Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Central Maine
    If I can get my scanner to function I might be able to help you out, no promises though since I haven't used it in a long time.

I didn't think that there was a DDL template for TMC. TMC requires the log sheets to be exact as the automated scanning auditing program would have a fit if things wern't just so. The log pages have a couple of barcodes on them too, so you would need a high quality printer. Are you actually able to print out a page that TMC accepts? Or is that what you need the scan for?

4. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    There isn't a DDL template for us, unfortunately. I am working on a program to read DDL's data files and generate my own, which should be able to be printed, signed, and sent in via transflo. To do this, I need a reasonably good (ie. reproducible) scan of an original blank log sheet. I am also working on another program to generate nearly-completed trip sheets from DDL "trip" records.

This is all very preliminary since I'm no particularly great programmer, and it'll take a while. I am currently still working on parsing DDL's datafiles (using python, if anyone cares).

My end goal is to reduce the amount of handwriting needed to my signature (on the logs), and the customer's signature (on the trip sheets). I have carpal tunnel syndrome, and horrid handwriting, so all round it'll make everyone's job easier :D

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.