Requirements to pass through Canada to Alaska

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Stites, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Stites

Stites Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Blairsville, GA
    Hi all. Since last on here, my wife and I have started our own small-scale moving company, using a box truck to take people's stuff from place to place. Well, we've recently received a job taking a customer's things from here in the lower 48 up to Alaska. We need to know the legal requirements to pass through Canada. I believe I recall the law being changed so that now you have to have a passport to get into Canada. Would there be anymore requirements beyond what you have to have for a moving company in the US? If y'all could point us in the right direction, we'd be ever-grateful and would offer cyberbeer to all until time to go home.:biggrin_2554: Thanks in advance!

2. jeepskate99

jeepskate99 Road Train Member

You need a passport and a record that is squeeky clean.

3. Jacob6875

Jacob6875 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Springfield, IL
    Actually you do not need a passport until June 1st. I go there all the time with a birth certificate and a CDL. As far as everything else I am not sure Werner sets everything up for me when I fax stuff to them.

4. psanderson

psanderson Road Train Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Moline, Illinois
    You'll need a Canadian In Transit manifest issued through/from the Customs Broker

5. TripleSix

TripleSix Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Dont forget about the DOTs to end all DOT inspection they will give you at Yukon.

• Draft saved Draft deleted