Researching Driver Drowsiness Technology for Trucking Industry

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by universitystudent12, Feb 14, 2018.

1. IndianaF150

IndianaF150 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2014
    The best way to get rid of drowsy drivers is to abolich these counter-productive federal regulations to prevent drowsy truckers.

The H.O.S. Hours of service regs create more drowsiness than anything else.

The feds arent very good at regulating when we’ll be tired or not, often times they have it totally backwards.

They often times make us park for 10 hrs when we’re not tired, so after the 10 hrs of sitting, doing nothing, we are now tired, but we need to drive to make up for the last 10 hrs of sitting there doing nothing.

Rubber duck kw Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Driver: I’m tired I need to pull over for a nap.
    Dispatcher: your monitor says you are not fatigued, get your ### back on the road.

IndianaF150 and Lepton1 Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I tell you what... Ive had drunks ram the decap bar back there and turn the vehicle they were driving into a literal waist high lump of crushed aluminum foil. They crawl out, get up stagger about with a couple cuts and shake it off. Ow. Another drink please.

And there are people who are stone sober slip a little bit onto the grass and then somehow tumble end over end killing 6 and maiming 5 more and closing the interstate north of crashville for half a day.

I hate to be difficult but if I was going to get smashed, I better have a good set of bottles empty by then.

One of the posters stated something important. Shipper has you wait 12 hours to load. Then another 9 to load you. Now you are loaded. Its dinner time, the shippers people have gone home. Leaving you to be in Chicago 800 miles away by morning. You probably have been up all this time waiting on the radio for a dock. Maybe in the counting freight. Who knows. The thing is you are awake.

Oh Im tired chicago will not get it tomorrow morning, They will get it next day or day after.

That is when people start firing you.

lovesthedrive and Lepton1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.