Researching jobs

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Dumbitfown4me, Feb 17, 2024.

1. Dumbitfown4me

Dumbitfown4me Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2019
    Phoenix
    Sup Yankers
    I'm curious what you guys think the best otr jobs for tankers or similar
    I'm gonna be moving on to the next job somewhere between this summer and next spring.
    I have x and d/t endorsements, but not experience tanking.
    Have TWIC, passport
    I have 4 yrs exp flatbed otr and 1.5 yrs exp CDL instructor.
    No violations or tickets in the last 3 years(one good level 1)

These are the things that I need
    Pet policy or allows emotional support animals (I run more miles when my pal is with me)
    W2 (no 1099)
    Company with good equipment and good maintenance situation. I won't run bald tire unless I'm going down the road to the shop. I will walk off if that's what it takes.

These are some things that I would prefer but can go without for the right position:
    APU
    Paid health premium
    Prefer truck with the workstation (I don't need this at all but I do online college classes and this would probably help)
    Gym at terminal (just like the workstation this is not a priority but I think it would be cool to have. These last two are just icing on the cake they won't be divisive factors.

I work for Central Oregon truck co. I make about 90k (64cpm, 100$ to tarp, paid premium). I will definitely consider a company that pays the same but is a tanker company.

I live in Phoenix

NightWind Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    Well I appreciate your honesty and knowing what you require and expressing it! My dog rides with me but I am an O/O

4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I don't know any chemical tanker companies that will allow pets, though I have seen a couple guys on non-haz dedicated accounts that have a dog with them.
    Problem is most chemical plants and refineries won't let you come in with a pet.

slim shady and lual Thank this.
  5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    The dog will be the fly in the ointment. All your other requests seem plausible, tanker outfits generally aren't some freight haulers, and have top notch equipment, but our good friend insurance:biggrin_25514:probably considers pets a distraction. They couldn't care less how important it is to you. Besides, most tanker jobs are regional, very few otr tanker jobs, that I see, and maybe just a regular freight hauler, WITH Scruffy, and a truck better suited for what you want, might be better for you.

6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I would consider staying where you're at with Central Oregon. It's going to be difficult to find a company that gives you all those things you require. An OTR company that pays 64 cpm, 94k with paid premiums, and 100 bucks to tarp, that's gonna be tough to find. How come you're considering leaving Central Oregon? I am of the opinion that it's not always good to make a change.

7. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Oakley Transport and Indian River are the only tank carriers I'm aware of that allow pets.

There is plenty of local tanker work in Phoenix, and you can be home with your dog everyday.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2024
  8. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Most food grade dosen't involve having some nasty stuff on hand while most chemical receiving facilities do have some sort of "1,2,3 Kill 'Ya Quick" around and a lot of carriers just don't want to deal with pets as a potential liability.

9. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    And a pony. No negotiation. I've got to have a pony.

10. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    You hopefully have 500 ponies right in front of you,,:eek:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.