Reserve your TESLA ELECTRIC 500 mile range Semi today $150-$200k

Discussion in 'Other News' started by RussianBearTruckeR, Mar 13, 2019.

Small fleet owners, O/O's, Mega's - just for the fuel savings alone, would you take a chance on it?

1. Gamechanger, Hell Yea - looks sweet too!

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Gimme my Pete ######, get the hell outta here with your tech Horse****!

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    You leave out one small detail though, even if you did put a charger in your yards for them it would drive the cost of heating and cooling your house up too.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Yeah that'd work great, till you got manure in the windings of the motor which will happen. You ever seen what #### does to about any metal? How about the deiceing they use on the roads, that eats exposed copper like nothing.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Lol yup all these fancy new electric trucks sounds good on paper but i doubt alot of them could handle the daily abuse of the road day n and day out

5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    All roads always look like this in the heads of a design engineer.

CEF92A95-BBF7-4876-97C5-AE5FC8A952BB.jpeg

:biggrin_25523:

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    That was a big issue here in Indiana a few years ago. Fair Oaks dairy runs its trucks with natural gas generated from the animal waste. The state got butthurt about road use tax because they didn't have to buy fuel. I'm not sure how it was resolved, but I'm sure the state got its cut somehow.

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Yes.

Maybe I am the damaged one. Ive used the apple from Yakima example before. If I had to pay .70 a apple retail in 2001, I rather just wait until I get to wenatchee or some place and get it direct at .15 or 25 a pound. In anything if you needed to charge say 1.50 or even 2.00 a pound for those apples as a truck load sold, and delivered as such to say walmart with a rate sufficient to you to make a good living and pay drivers well, I don't mind paying say 50 dollars more on my power bill for the electricity. But I need a few years to adapt to that new bill situation. I budget the hell out of the electric (Which handles most all things) to cover any bad months where the bill will be high.

Electricty by itself is CHEAP. It's the #### administration charges, taxes, local charges and storm damage charges among other things that ringading my stupid wallet Sir.

8. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    Good question right there:
    • Time to ReCharge a battery at full capacity?
    • Cost to recharge it
    • how many stations? Where are these charging stations? I've been seeing walmart add charging stations for regular electric or hybrid sedans at their parking lots, but are these compatible with Semis? Plus Semi will need their own dedicated aisle for its size? Maybe Tesla partners with Loves/Pilots, etc? too early but some questions need to be answered...

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. Lyle H

Lyle H Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Judging by some people's replies, they thought the wheel would never work when it was invented too.
    Innovation takes time to reach reality.

10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Why does everyone think that if something doesn't work 100% the way it works now it's useless?
    I guess we should get rid of daycabs as there is obviously no reason for them to exist. I mean one can't even sleep in one....

No, this is designed as a local delivery truck, maybe regional at worst. No one is holding any illusions as to it's applicability to OTR usage any time soon.

11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Some innovations are just stupid because it’s not needed or it’s being pressed too early and/or it’s claim for need is misguided. Another idea “so good we must force it into place” at the expense of taxpayer subsidies.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.