Rest area etiquette and what would you do?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Vilhiem, Jan 10, 2015.

1. walstib

walstib Darkstar

New huh?......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    i hear philly pd is lookin for parking enforcement people .

4. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    If'n they pay in Philly cheesesteak samwiches, I'm IN!

walstib Thanks this.
  5. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    had a so called terminal manager that was a known hot head and thought he was god bark at me one night telling me to move my truck so i asked him if i could sit in his chair ...when he barked why i smiled and said "so i can soak up some of that power !" i thought his head was gona explode lol.

25(2)+2, bobtrucks2204 and MJ1657 Thank this.
  6. seabring

seabring Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I'm thinking that the op's intentions weren't to "rat out" these truckers parked were they where. It seems more like he was asking if it's a normal thing to try to get them moved, mostly it seems that he's more emphasizing the safety aspect rather than the enforcement side of calling in on a driver.
    im thinking that a little advice to the op about just letting things like this not bother him because if they don't directly affect you out in this trucking world then don't worry about what other trucks are doing. It is the best that we can offer him for an answer to his question, I think the op understands he's a new driver and we can hopefully offer some advice without running him down for asking the question.

Tennesseahawk and OldHasBeen Thank this.
  7. OldHasBeen

OldHasBeen Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2010
    True, and its amazing the hostilities some have toward him, a new driver, asking this question.

In today's world I would be very shy of parking on an exit ramp or entrance ramp and or on the side of the interstate, to many that does this gets hit in the rear end nowadays. That is unless there was room off the shoulder of the road to get pulled over quite far.

8. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    ok im sorry ...somtimes i get carried away ...wife mad at me today also lol..going outside to play now lol.

9. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Call, No way. Mind your own business. If there in your way knock on the door. Otherwise there is a highway calling your name. get on down the road. Dont be a needless douche bag.

GWIZ2260 and HotH2o Thank this.
  10. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Okay then... Lots of name calling.

New or not, I'd like to point out that the way the were parked is a safety hazard. In my opinion it only would've taken one driver not paying attention to really screw something up.

The hazard was recognized, quickly and easily. I wanted to know how to handle it so that driver could have gone home to his family. If that's not a part of minding my own business then okay.

I'm not perfect and I have to say, if someone started playing paparazzi with me I'd give them a permanent view of the tail end of my trailer. So I'm not here to judge or belittle the practices of others. I just saw something I felt was unsafe and wanted to know what to do about it.

11. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Vilhiem....don't be "that guy"! To echo others.....mind your own business.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.