Restricted roads in GA... will I get in trouble?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by JerseyBarrierRacer, Apr 8, 2021.

1. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Only if you have "Traffic" enabled. Which I usually do but some people do not.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Why would you not ?
    It’s a very handy feature, i zoom out and check for traffic jams before I leave and about every half hour on the trip.

Also run WAZE too, since it shows where the speed traps are

4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Since I'm now retired I usually only run Waze. When I do run Maps, when it opens traffic is not enabled. Most of the time I use maps is just to quick look up and address. If I keep it open I enable traffic.
    Since Google now owns Waze I have noticed an icon on Maps showing a speed cop. They said they were going to incorporate the best features of Waze into maps and vice versa.

5. Lostmykey

Lostmykey Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Yes, the picture I quoted doesn’t have traffic enabled; that’s not indicative of a truck route either.

Also if someone is watching Google’s traffic colors to determine if a road is a truck route... ... ... I’ve got nothing.

My garmin gets live traffic data but I’ll use Google maps as well. I’ll also use satellite view to inspect roads to see if other trucks are using it.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  6. JerseyBarrierRacer

JerseyBarrierRacer Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2021
    Like most road maps, there are white/gray roads and yellow roads. Yellow generally indicates a highway, which is usually truck friendly.

Google maps can also show traffic data, but in that case the color being overlayed on the road will vary according to the level of traffic in the area.

7. Lostmykey

Lostmykey Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Yes; yellow usually indicates a larger road and larger roads do tend to be truck friendly. It’s not the same as indicating a truck route tho. There are loads of rural highways that aren’t yellow.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.