Retaliation and the FMCSA.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Rain Man, Sep 16, 2017.

1. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Most USA western states allow 14' high without permit. What states are we talking about?

Orangees and KB3MMX Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That doesn't mean they can't simply concoct another reason to unload the rabble rouser.

If one has to do this, it's time to jump ship.

Grubby and DTP Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Get out.

If you say no, they will find someone to do it. Preferably too stupid to know the laws and limits.

Thus the theory in my mind such a company has become corrupt and degenerate.

Hop off, find another company to run for. A first class outfit will never ask you to do certain things. Ive been there. Not that particular company you speak of whatever it is, but there were companies in my time where the Law is simply a limitation against the making of that dollar. And to be worked around.

5. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    So are you condoning breaking the law? It looks that way. What happens when somebody peels off the extra layer and some innocent(s) get hurt?

DTP and KB3MMX Thank this.
  6. glitterglue

glitterglue Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Adair Village, OR
    That was my question. Illegally over weight / height will eventually get someone hurt.

Get something else lined up, blow the whistle and move on.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  7. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Agreed.
    This is where my mind is at right now.

Why work for a company like that? Dont get me wrong,.. I put up with some serious shenanigans trying to get back into the industry after a 15 yr hiatus. I knew what I would be up against before I signed on. But with your current experience,.. You should be able to go anywhere and work for anyone. That and this is just my opinion,.. but after 25 yrs,.. you should already know the answers.

Hurst

8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I didn't know overheight was an fmcsa regulation to be violating. I thought that was a state reg.

9. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Hmmm,Retaliation?

Is this 10 year old schoolyard BS?

Just a quick example- Lets say you have a Former Girlfriend or employee that assisted you, You Broke up or fired them....Do You think The FMCSA would say "We'll look into that real soon Ma'am,"
    While your Ex- is crying on the phone to them stating things like... "He doesn't have driver files, Or Maintenance files or No Drug testing on site...."

I Could see something like this happening in the world of Childish,immature American women.And Men too

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  10. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    Rules are Rules, we all follow them or we suffer the plight of the Feds moving in further to continue to ruin what was once a reliable respected profession.
    Some companies need to have the whistle blown on them, in order to right a wrong.

Tb0n3, driverdriver and DTP Thank this.
  11. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    1996 I filed an OSHA complaint against the company I worked for. They came in, launched an investigation, fined the company a couple grand. Day after they came in, I was warned by a coworker who was in the meeting that the head of the "safety" dept. told them, her specifically because she worked in my dept., to report to him anything I did wrong. Three weeks later, they fired me over a random thing, my forklift fork tips weren't touching the ground, but rather within 1" of the ground when the lift was parked. I called OSHA within an hour to report the retaliation. Next morning, 3 OSHA inspectors were there when the doors were unlocked at 8 am. When they left at 2 pm, the CEO, COO and Head of Corporate Safety were on a plane to Denver from Nashville. The company paid me $2,500 in severance, paid OSHA $25,000 in fines and three people lost their jobs. Since my soon to be wife worked at the same company, they were informed by OSHA that if she was disciplined or fired for anything in the next 3 yrs, it would be considered retaliation and they would reopen their investigation. Needless to say, there were some very polite people around her.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted