Retired the Pete 379 but brought the new verision 389

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Young-Gun-101, Mar 5, 2007.

1. wallbanger

wallbanger "Enemy of showers everywhere"

That's what I meant to say!:thumbright:

So you'd rather it had a 48"flattop? Or maybe go real old school and slap on a coffin sleeper?:biggrin_25519:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Guess I'm not a purist. I need headroom in bunk area. Why I like true "condo's" with 8 foot ceilings. Would love to see the inside of the High Top Stratosphere from Western Star.

And as for headlights, why can't Truck Makers put these headlights on their trucks that the newer cars have? Not the "blue" tint kinds but the bright white ones that have good and long beams? Or are they and it is just the fact that truck headlights are so much higher up from the pavement than a cars headlights?

4. wallbanger

The projection style headlights are awesome, the only concern would be that they are super bright. So they would have to be mounted fairly low (maybe even lower than some surrent headlights) on the trucks to keep from blinding all the four wheelers.And I don't think any manufacturers have them on their trucks yet.(volvo lights look like projection, but they use a regular halogen bulb)

I'm with you too on the sleeper, while a flattop pete has more cool than a fleet of FL's, if you have to live on the road (for extended periods) a condo is the only way to go. I got to sit in a Star, with the Strat sleeper (at MATS last year) and man, that was one darn fine truck!

5. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Volvo's headlamps are projection, they're just not HID. HID's can be projection headlamps but not all projection headlamps are HID. The cutoff on projection headlamps is razor sharp so a properly aimed headlamp won't blind oncoming traffic.

Kenworth is the first US maker to offer HID headlamps on the T660.

newly crusin Thanks this.
  6. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    no, I like to stand up to put my pants on thank you. But you don't need to put your pants on in the cab. I just don't like that real high cab. I'v driven my share of flat tops and where as I love the looks of them I sure don't want to live in one

7. wallbanger

You got that right! Maybe for regional work, but I couldn't live in a 48" flat.

8. Young-Gun-101

Young-Gun-101 Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Iowa
    I like a 70"-72" mid-roof high enough to stand in with room and low enough to sneak under stuff and looks good to.

9. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    me too. that's one thing I like about KW. they raise the cab and you step down into the sleeper. This way you can get a stand up sleeper that isn't to tall and still looks good. I don't like condo style sleepers. they sway way too much and look like crap unless it's on some aero truck anyways in which case I say bring it on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.