"retirement" companies that offer the best in return?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Samarquis, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Jayfromthenw

Jayfromthenw Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Out West
    Like others have said

LTL linehaul or P&D. I'm the new guy at my barn and the next person up in senotirty is like 13 years on the linehaul board. We have one guy with 40 years of senority. Once people get hired on, then tend not to quit.

I currently have no plans on ever quitting. Perhaps a transfer somewhere more south .

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    are you looking for a job or are you towards the end and looking for a job with less hours or semi retired type thing

4. Samarquis

Samarquis Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2017
    Maine
    Neither. I've been at it about a year and I've been pretty successful where I am.

My reason for asking is because, it's incredibly easy to find what a new driver can expect for pay and benefits etc. But there's not much on here as far as what comes next. What pay and benefits are reasonable for a safe and experienced driver?

What is the future potential of staying in this career?

I just don't see much of it. It's all "what can I expect to start"... Where does it go from there though?

Nothereoften Thanks this.
  5. Buckeye 60

Apr 19, 2018
    well you can make a lot of money being a dumb truck driver but you can make a lot more being a smart one

6. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    And which company should that smart truck driver work for to make a lot more money?.

Nothereoften Thanks this.
  7. al_huryn

al_huryn Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    I do very well running entertainment. Out about 10 months a year though, its not for everyone.

8. Omega7777

Omega7777 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2018
    lease purchase i heard ;) jk

9. cjb logistics

cjb logistics Heavy Load Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Liberal Ks
    McKenzie, now Groendyke, good place to retire from. Tanker outfit with their fair share of rules.
    Good equipment well maintained.

Samarquis Thanks this.
  10. Buckeye 60

Apr 19, 2018
    the best way is to figure things out for yourself and that involves taking some risk , buying and paying for a truck is one way or find a niche as a company driver. even the worst of the megas have drivers that make good money . working for % is good when the rates are high . I have known guys that have figured out there own dedicated routes that the company didnt take the time to put together . if you wait for somebody else to figure things out for you you have to at least find the right job ...... leasing a truck from a carrier isn't the way but it works for a few people but it works a lot better for the carrier's .

Samarquis Thanks this.
  11. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    I work for a Teamsters fuel outfit and while the benefits are good, haven't had a decent pay raise in over 10 years and everything other sector of trucking is paying just as good or better. Tough to stick around knowing that

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.