Right signal dim

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by MKT, Jun 18, 2017.

1. MKT

MKT Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Wasn't sure where to post this... 2000 FRL classic.
    When all the lights are off the right turn signal turns on basically every light almost like hazards.
    When the lights are on the right signal works on some lights and dims some lights where as the left works just fine... Not sure where to begin...

Edit: I did just installed a 3k watt inverter. Is it possible I messed the negative wire to cause this? I put the negative on the battery vs putting it on the chassis and haven't connected a ground wire to it yet.
    As is the inverter needs positive, negative AND a ground but only positive and neg are attached

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Dim lights are caused from either bad power supply or poor grounds.

PhilKenSebben Thanks this.
  4. MKT

MKT Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Didn't think it was going to be this easy and wish I would've done it last night while the wife was telling me to get my ### inside haha...

Took apart a few lights and the mirror light had corrosion in the connectors. Once I unplugged it everything went normal. Hopefully replacing it will continue to stay normal. I thought I'd have to find a bad ground or trace wires..... there's not enough beer in the world for that.

PhilKenSebben and Heavyd Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.