rip-off john christner

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by highasakite, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Alanp613

Alanp613 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    4-5 year year on trucks. 5 for 2009 and up and 4 for older. There are different cost on the trucks so I can't tell you but just mine. Its an 07 kW t600 at 110000 with 26 miles when I got it. Payments were 550 a week for five years. This will be my first truck paid off. The other one I had was a Columbia with 7k miles when I got it. I traded that in after 9 months with jct. No you don't get any rollovers towards the new one, unless they changed the plan later on. Does that answer all your questions? Interest is about 15-17%. Another reason you gotta wait 90 days so they know that you are able to run the loads and that you know how to run your business. They wont approve it if you're in the hole all the time just so you can quit few months lather "claiming" you don't make money. The difference between jct and other lease companies out there is the way we run it its Like you purchased a truck from a dealer. Whereas a lease you have lower payments and possibly make more money during the lease but you're never gonna own that truck that youve been paying for. If you're not looking to owning a truck than stay a company driver or just lease.

I keep seeing some of you say that why not go out and buy your own truck. Well if you have goodcredit then you can go that route. With a lease purchase you can walk away if it doesn't work out for you with no damage to your credit. Whereas if u got a truck and its not working ur stuck with it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trade up

Trade up Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Toronto.Ontario
    They want to make sure "You know how to run your business".

It's not your business in any way shape or form if you lease the truck. If the company tanks,someones coming to get that truck because there will be a lein imposed against it. They don't care if you were making the payments it's a listed company asset,it's gone.
    You are completely dependant on them running their business competently.

If you are in a wreck/damage of anykind the company will expect you to pay the deductable out of your pocket(Smart companies will garnish pay to accrue the deductable that they will collect interest on) and most likely if the truck is a total loss due to an accident you will be sued by the companys insurance provider( because most lease agreements want you to "register" as a legtimate business and depending on what type of company you register as you can be held personally responsible in a suit).

If you can't buy your own truck do yourself a favor and run a company truck,repair your credit and go buy your own truck. It may take a few extra years but it will be worth it in the end of fewer headaches and sleepless nights.

There probably are some guys out there that have been fortunate but for every 1 success story there are hundreds of guys getting worked over.

4. Alanp613

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    Although I sorta agree with you about the company has to run their business to stay afloat it would be the same as if you owned a truck. You can't make payments they come report it. As far as jct goes they are doing awesome. They got plenty of freight and new contracts every year.

Now as far as your deductible claim, tell me where you don't have to pay a deductible on the insurance whether u drive a car or truck. At jct they deduct 25 a week to build up a 1000 dollar deductible. So I guess they are a smart company right? Now if it was your fault and you totaled the truck no matter if you're lease, owner open or even company they have the right to Sue you.

There are many tax benefits of leasing rather than buying. As far as jct goes they pay your fuel tax and 2290 if you're lease. And if it doesn't work out for you you can walk away from the lease. There are no headaches at all whereas if you went out and purchased your truck you're stuck with a truck payment while searching for a new company to lease onto.

5. Trade up

Trade up Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Toronto.Ontario
    A company driver(which has an employee/employer relationship) cannot be sued for damages by his company,they are protected under labour laws.

Ask Christner what they'll pay you for interest on your $1000.

Who writes off depreciation on the equiment? You or Christner? It's Christner,they own the equipment.

They lease you a truck at upwards of 17% or higher that they have already paid cash for.
    No bank will give you 17% on a $100,000 but a truck driver will. The company is making good money simply off the interest they charge drivers for leasing a piece of equipment they don't own.

Can you hire a driver of your choice to operate "your" equipment if anything happend with your health? Probably not,simply bcause people would lease trucks from christner and put a fleet of drivers on the road and collect a premium from the trucks.

Yeah if you buy your own truck you do get stuck with a payment but if you lease a truck you get stuck with the payments and the company.

6. Alanp613

Apr 9, 2009
    Haslet,Tx
    What part of walk away don't you understand. You have your opinion and I have mine. I've made a good living with jct and about to pay off the truck. You don't think a bank will charge 17%? I know people that buy cars that get charged 12% to 14% with fair credit. If you think about it the company is making money and so are you the driver. I aggressive 50 cents a mile after everything. I write off my lease payment whereas a purchase you wont be able to do that.

Picknflick, Wolfshayde and Dryver Thank this.
  7. comrade86

comrade86 Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    what company was that?!?! im sure its against some sort of a safety regulations, its like saying i dont care if u dont feel safe u have to drive, i dont care u have no more hrs u going to go, if u dont u are fired...etc dont seem right

8. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    you only average 50cpm take home?--
    umm that is the average rate going out of toronto now--for company drivers
    hopefully us wages wioll rise---soon

9. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Mcleod Express.

Fail to deliver on time, you lost your guaranteed salary.

They also were fond of drivers who would change the books to get there.

10. midnight_trucker_1971

midnight_trucker_1971 Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2010
    los angeles ca
    id'e never go L/O it is just not worth it to have em reposses the truck and screwup your DAC. and theres a 96% failure rate most L/O's are set up to be failures. be better to take your money and goto the bank and try to get a loan i can't see renting the money as well as the truck to or anything for that matter.

11. comrade86

comrade86 Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    so who did u end up going with?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.