Ripped up my check in front of me!!Beware of Raider Express in Fort Worth Texas

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Opeth72, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Opeth72

Opeth72 Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Cleburne, Texas
    I won't say that I didn't have some brutal thoughts at the time this was taking place, and I won't say that as I left I didn't use a few F bombs of my own sprinkled in the sentence "You won't get away with this". I think I showed more restraint than most in a situation where someone is ripping up a check you earned and yelling at you in the process. I try to operate with some logic and common sense. Taking things to a physical level would not get my pay issue resolved, no matter how much it may have made me feel better for a brief moment. It would get the police called and probably a trip to jail. I would suggest to anyone who has a similiar issue, with any company, to leave and then begin contacting the agencies that are out there that specialize in handling these matters. I think intelligence and determination are the keys to getting this resolved. Let their punishment come monetarily. I imagine a lot of these people would rather be hit in the head than to have the state getting involved in their paperwork. Getting hit leaves a bruise for a day or so. Getting investigated may just expose all of their potentially underhanded practices and get them out of operating a business. I know what I see and what I have heard they are doing. So I will pass that information through every legal avenue available. Some of the stuff I am aware of has nothing to do directly with my pay issues, but I am going to expose that as well. These guys may or may not steal from others the same way they did me, but this time they did it to the wrong person. This isn't going away. It is a simple matter of principal, if nothing else. please check out their mantra at "the name of their company".com. The philosophy they promote, and their actions couldn't be farther apart.

Poobah and Gearjammin' Penguin Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JW430

JW430 Medium Load Member

May 23, 2009
    Rocklin, CA
    I'm just surprised there was still a recruiter involved since at that point you were probably already an employee of the company. It should have been between you and whoever was in charge of payroll, not the recruiter. Besides that, he obviously did not have your best interests in mind.

4. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    You have to understand the Raider Express "Family"

goin2fast10 Thanks this.
  5. rockymtngrl1

rockymtngrl1 Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Tennessee
    "The Real Story"?
    From what I read from both sides, I didn't see an explanation of WHY ANY employer would think that it is ok to swear, and throw a tantrum, at an employee. To me, that says it in a nutshell. If you can't use your authority with professionalism, you have lost most people's respect. Period. Regardless of whether or not this "former" employee (roadkill) was in the wrong, composure is KEY in a management position. Your response totally turned me off to your "company", which I hope is under investigation. My husband and I had a similar experience with a slob who contracts with USXpress. He used our Life Insurance payments to pay his bills, and we found out that our insurance hadn't been paid for, even though it was payroll deduct, and strictly an employee funded plan. Believe it or not, honesty is THE best policy, AND...what goes around comes around. If YOU and your company are in the wrong, Pandora's box has been opened and you will be found out. Possibly a learning curve for you and your so-called company? Who cares if the guy is a whiner! Sounds like a perfect fit! Cheers! : D

Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  6. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Just a question, does anybody under the age of 40 at that company have a neck? I mean I'm sure they are a swell bunch of guys to hang out with, do kegstands with and talk about how awesome in college they were. But come on. As for how did they find this post, I'm guessing they sit around all day long and google search their company, just like I did theirs, and I would like to thank them for adding me as their friend earlier today!

You guys are cute, but really, you shouldn't be putting pictures like that on the internet if you want to play professional! :biggrin_2554:

7. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    If that is how this company treats it's drivers face to face, just imagine how they treat the drivers when no one is looking!

8. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    that one egglewhatever chick is pretty hot. ya know, the one that is my age....you think she'd go for me? i don't care if i'd have to deal with her bro-ham jock d-bag brother who is the company's cfo.

9. Dr Demented

Dr Demented Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Delphi, IN
    yeah, that Dustin guy looks like a complete tool...

goin2fast10 Thanks this.
  10. showman

showman Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Leesburg, Ga
    If that was so, then why do most companies that I have worked for (only 4 companies in 30 years of trucking) not have a program that requires qualified dispatchers to go on the road and actually do the job like all the other drivers do? I tried the office job and would much rather be on the road. Offices and me just don't get along for some odd reason but I still remember enough of how to dispatch and do the computer work that i could walk in, sit down, log onto the system and get the job done if I needed to. Several of our dispatchers requested through management to be allowed to do the quaterly ride-a-long for a week. A couple of these were former drivers that could still pass a drivers physical. One bailed out at a truck stop on the driver (or so the story goes) because the regular driver SNORED! I heard this from the drivers own lips (as he was LHAO). The former driver dispatcher is also no longer employed at Arnold. So, yes, I can feel the lad's pain. I have seen it all before in other companies. Lies? We don't keep joke books for nuthin'! But, when a desk jockey is told to lie by management, well, sooner or later it will come back to bite them. Is the originall poster lieing (Lyeing, how ever it is spelled)? Don't know, don't care, nothing is changing or will change until someone with big brass ones steps in and straightens this mess we have for a transportation industry out. There are good companies and there are bad. Which is more is a good question. Hope this lad gets satisfaction though.

11. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Opeth is being smart. Yes, it's very tempting, when treated like that, to stomp a mudhole in the aggressor's butt and walk it dry. But then Opeth would be in jail and have a whole mess of legal hassles. He knows he's in the right, and he's getting the law in on this. The law would be far less receptive if he'd simply stomped the guy.

I used to swing at the slightest provocation. Time was, you could get away with that. But not these days. If you want to win overall, you have to look farther ahead than the next punch. I learned that eventually.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.