Ripped up my check in front of me!!Beware of Raider Express in Fort Worth Texas

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Opeth72, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Jayshawn89

Jayshawn89 Light Load Member

Oct 12, 2009
    texas
    i dont believe this story one bit its wat to shady

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Owner's Operator

Owner's Operator Medium Load Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Chicago IL
    Opeth, when he tore up your check did you consider calling the cops? The reason I ask is because tampering with mail is a federal offense, and I guess a paycheck could be considered mail since it has your address on it and is in envelope. You could have possibly got him a trip in the back of a cop car in handcuffs.

4. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    Jayshawn89, are you a raider employee as well?? kinda looks that way.

5. Jayshawn89

Jayshawn89 Light Load Member

Oct 12, 2009
    texas
    no i dont!!

and im guessing you used to work for them

6. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
  7. moreaujeremy

moreaujeremy Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2009
    rockford il
  8. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    It's NOT US Mail until it's put into a postal box! It doesn't matter if it's in an envelope with a stamp on it. This has been a "talking point" for years with drivers thinking a cop can't open an envelope thus "entrapping the trucker" because of the receipts inside showing that he falsified his logs! It went all the way to the supreme court about 15-20 years ago and was found in favor of the police!

If it's in a mail box it's mail. If it's in your truck or on a counter top or in your hand it's an envelope with a stamp on it as it has NOT been handed over to the US Postal Service!

It's like you sitting at the shippers. It's not your load till you SIGN for it no matter how long it sits in the trailer.

9. DiGangi

DiGangi Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    The chairman looks like Ron Jeremy

10. TexasMike

TexasMike "Big Tex"

Jan 28, 2008
    Dallas/Ft. Worth
    Just to clarify the paycheck vs US Mail question. It wasn't even a paycheck, it was a ComCheck he was issued.

11. GrimmReaper451

GrimmReaper451 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Fort Worth,Texas
    Hey guys! I'm working for Raider right now and it has been a really good company. I'm in my forth week of being out in the truck alone and I'm making real decent pay.I agree with everything that TexasMike has said in his pros/cons list above. He speaks the truth, kudos to you Mikey! Thanks for all the awesome posts it helped me out a lot when I was out with the trainer! The story about a check being ripped in front of someone seems like a fabrication. Even though I have to agree that the paycheck chick can be really harsh at times. I think that has to be because she deals with stinky ##### truckers all day(yes I'm one of them). I can say that cussing happens a lot between the office staff but it's all in fun. At TMC in training I dealt with cussing also and I honestly think that's something you deal with at every company. To be a trucker, you have to have balls, either ignore the profanity or just deal with it. OTR you deal with all kinds of crazy ####! So just consider it as mental preperation!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.