risinger brother morton IL

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by supertruck#1, Nov 17, 2014.

1. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    This thread is from last November. Driver joined on Nov 17th and that's when his last post was.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I knew that.......

TruckDuo and FLATBED Thank this.
  4. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

This thread is from last November:biggrin_2551: Figured that out when it was brought back to life in post # 6

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  5. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I knew that! I did!!! After truckduo pointed it out.....

FLATBED and TruckDuo Thank this.
  6. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I call BS on it

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  7. jdr1989

jdr1989 Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Anybody got real info on risinger lease

8. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    That I highly doubt.

9. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    I'm warning ya...don't do the lease...u will be hauling 44000 plus.. u will wear that Volvo out before u pay the lease off.

10. jn1427

jn1427 Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    I have some. My experience with them about 7-8 wks. total from time of talking to recruiting to leaving them after 4 weeks of driving because of heart surgery. I talked to Tonya in recruiting most of the time, and she was very nice, helpful, and honest. Keep in mind I had already done 2 lease purchase with other companys, the last was 2011-2013 for a small company. It was a 18 month lease purchase. I got my title exactly when supposed at end of 18 mos. I was having health issues at that time and seems no doctors could tell me what was going on sold I decided to take some time off. It ended up being heart blockage, had a double bypass, and was out of work for 7-8 mos during this time, so sold truck. I have over 10 yrs of otr experience, 6 yrs of that was with my own authority and booking my own loads with a car hauler. So after the heart bypass I went to Risinger in Jan. 2014. During my talks with them I asked Tonya if she would send me a breakdown of all cost and total pymt etc. She sent me one from the main boss, showing me breakdowns with all the numbers and based on 2300, 2500, and 2700 miles. Also the differences at 6.0 mpg, 6.3, and 6.5. That in itself impressed me, for one he did not exaggerate his numbers, they were conservative, most companys would send you something showing 3000 miles and 7.3 mpg. Second, most will not even send you the total breakdown with all numbers. So I took a one way rental car, which they reimbursed me for. They put you up in a nice room by yourself, breakfast in morning, they feed you pizza, sandwiches that were great for lunch. dough nuts, man, I gained 10 lbs during orientation. Always was some kind of cookies or sweets. Orientation was smooth and easy. I have never to a company that were as friendly and nice as Risinger was in orientation and the main boss, including the safety dept and main boss. Dispatch not as friendly, but no butt holes, you can just tell a big difference, and I have never been at a company that had real friendly dispatchers. Now before I go ant further, I am not here to debate L/P, nor any of the other stuff some of you seem to know a million times more about than anyone else, except you have never done it, amazes me of the experts of things they have never done. When I went you had the choice of old trucks or newer, keep in mind I had paid off a older used on my last L/p, putting away plenty of maint/escrow to cover repairs expected. So I signed up for a 07 Volvo, 800,000 miles. When I went out to look at truck, as soon as I raised the hood, I seen the turbo was leaking oil and probably bad. I went into the shop and talked to them, they looked at it and said we are sorry, you are right, we will fix it. Now I know some are going to get on here and blast this right off the bat, some of you perfect people. But most all companies are covered up, and cant always get to everything quickly, and they do make mistakes, it happens. So they put me up in the same hotel for a week, and paid me breakdown pay. The reason I chose the older truck was this. You give them .12 per mile in a non refundable escrow, but they will fix anything what so ever goes wrong, without a penny from your pocket. So I figure most anything that will go wrong on a 800,000 mile will go wrong in 18 mos. So after 18 mos I have a paid for truck that has most things repaired. After getting on the road, I only made 3 weeks of trips before having to stop. My miles were 2400, 1400, and 2600. The 1400 was missing 4 days of work. I had went in on thurs morning at the shop to get a brake that was dragging fixed. It was not done til fri nite, and dispatch kind of dropped the ball on finding me a load. After sleeping in my truck fri nite and waiting most of the day sat waiting on a load, I went over to the motel til mon. And no, I was not happy. Mon morning I had a talk with some people, and was given 750.00 plus rooms paid for. So to me I don't think you could ask for a better company to work for. They did everything possible to make things right. Also, when I had my heart surgery,dont worry about the truck, they would try to come get it when they could, and after healing come on back to work when I was ready. They did not charge me 1 penny to come get the truck, from Morton IL -Knoxville TN. I will be released Feb 1 to go back to work from neck surgery, and am actually considering them again if they will hire me again. I would really like to go somewhere that I can dispatch my own loads, but with my finances the way they are after 2yrs of health problems and hospital bills, not sure I can accomplish that. If you pick a used truck, you can expect repairs, but they will do it because you are paying the maint in. If it has not changed, you only have to pay .06 per mile if you lease a new one, and again before the know it alls jump on here about .06 for a new truck, that is covering your oil, tires, wipers, anything the truck has to have. They also have great fuel discounts, which you can pull up on there web site. I had just looked over all my numbers this morning when I was with them, my fuel for the 3 weeks I ran, Ilinois-Wi, Wi-Pa, Pa-Wi, Wi- Ga, Ga-Tn, my fuel cost me .38 per mile. I did not experience any of the heavy paper loads in that short time, but they do have them. Most of mine were 15k- 25k, the pa ld back to wi was 40k. All of this being said, I would say 80% of L/p people fail, it is not for everyone, you need experience, you need common sense, you need to be a hard worker, you need to be disciplined. And regarding anothers post on here about how bad this company is, if you are not smart enough to buy yourself a good set of battery and afraid to ask a driver to please jump you off, not only do you not need to do a L/P, you probably should not even be considering being a truck driver. Hopefully this helps, hopefully does not offend to many, and most of all, im not here to debate and argue, so please don't jump on here messing up this thread with arguments.

11. amtrack

amtrack Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Ok thanks for that i went ahead and started risinger about 3 weeks ago and so far been real good my first full week of running i brought home 1800 doallrs after all expenses including half a truck payment so as long as they keep me running like that ill be ok with them

jn1427 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.